Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,102   Posts: 1,636,516   Online: 846

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Folks,

I have received three fantastic Polaroids:
    • Bethe's Fuiji print of a metal bridge against a forest background is rich in colour
    • Dianna's Polaroid of an 'older model' Pontiac
    • rkmiec sent a cool image of a face from a poster

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dianna View Post
    Art, I got your Instax print in the other postcard exchange - very cool. I looked up the camera, it's neat! I found where I can buy one and some film from Japan. I'm hoping you're sending out more Instax prints in this exchange...
    Hi Dianna,

It is a cool camera. It's also BIG. You can get it and film closer though in Canada. I got mine as a Christmas present but I know stores in Toronto like Aden Camera sell it and the film too.

The card says that the post office returns to sender any mail that doesn't meet the standards. Interesting...
    I have a feeling it depends on the individual person processing your cards. Like anywhere else, some people follow the 'rules' more than others. So far, it seems all the instant prints are getting through - size non-compliance and all! Fingers crossed ...

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The post office added a greeting to the postcard, though... the Polaroid (600-type print) was taped to a card explaining the minimum standards for domestic mail. Uh-oh! Some of the prints I sent out were type 600. I hope they make it... I didn't put my return address on the prints. The card says that the post office returns to sender any mail that doesn't meet the standards. Interesting...
    Dianna, the one I received from you had the same zinger from the PO. Contrary to their own policy, it was delivered anyway.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the PO returns ones that have a return address. If the postage is sufficient, they'll tape it to a card and send it on (that's how I received Dianne's). I agree that it probably depends on the specific office and person who sees it. If one jams a machine, it probably won't continue on.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got a really lovely one today, lilypads in a pond, but it's not signed, so I don't know whom to thank...
    Thanks Diana - that one is mine (making the bold assumption that I was the only one photograhing lilly pads). I realized after I send them that I did not put anything on them to identify whom they are from. Seems like a good thing now, at least they didn't come back to me.
    If you can't answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.
    - Elbert Hubbard

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Got Scott's print today. The 4x5 made through the mail just as he sent it. Thanks Scott.
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i got Alex and Banana's prints today. Both very nice. About as far apart subject-wise as you can get, but that's cool - Alex sent me some wildflowers, and Banana sent me guys painting graffiti.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    i got Alex and Banana's prints today. Both very nice. About as far apart subject-wise as you can get, but that's cool - Alex sent me some wildflowers, and Banana sent me guys painting graffiti.
    HAH! Ain't very much graffiti writing in this county, but copious amounts of wildflowers abound. Banana's print sounds highly interesting.

If we do this again, I just might use this old Big Shot that's been laying around collecting dust. It focuses only at 4 feet. Good for close-ups and nothing else, and uses the 66X series pack films.
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got Alex's yesterday. Or I should say my wife got it. She showed it to me, told me it was lovely, and promptly walked away with it. I might think it's nice, too, but it's hard to tell from such limited contact.
    If you can't answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.
    - Elbert Hubbard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Received Alex's and Bethe's today, Richard's yesterday. These are great! They'll be going up on a special bulletin board at the Art Gallery where i use darkroom space!
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin