Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,166   Online: 1066

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Got mine from Banana and Bethe yesterday. Both very good and highly interesting. Thanks!

Of note, both of these, plus Scott's 4x5, made it through the postal systems without any "wrong size" zingers or anything else. I think this is interesting, especially since Banana's originated in Canada. Seems to be some inconsistencies in verbatim compliance with regulations amongst the various US Post Offices. But I sure as heck ain't gonna bring it to anyone's official attention.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have recieved 6 so far (all but Dianna's in the last 2 days) from Dianna, John, Scott, Alex, Bethe and unknown? (stone lion). Its great to see them and thanks to all of you. I am looking forward to the last 4.

Dianna's, John's, Scott's and Alex' all came as sent and without any post office "reminders"

Bethe's came in a USPS supplied window envelope with the back having an "apology" from the plant manager for being "damaged" in handling by the post office! There is no damage to the print so ...

The stone lion was taped to a card by USPS with a "postage due" stamp and the back indicating that it did not meet minimum size so was being returned to sender to be "fixed". Maybe since there was only my address they figured I was the sender? Anyway, stamp is not cancelled - anyone need a 39 cent stamp?

the 1st two attachments are Bethe's envelope and the 3rd from the stone lion
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scan-070809-0003.jpg   Scan-070809-0002.jpg   Scan-070809-0004.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

oh yeah, mine will be late

I tried shooting last weekend but have blown the remainder of an old pack of type 669 and the best part of the new one without getting one decent shot. It has been a comedy of operator errors with gummed up junk on the rollers (haven't used the back in 4 years) and pulling tabs incorrectly. (see attachment) I even managed to get a previous shot to come out of the rollers when I pulled the tab for the current shot (a day apart!) It was like the photo went into a time warp and came out late and ruined.

I thought I would have to order another pack from Freestyle and wait for delivery but yesterday found some out of date Fuji in a clearout at a local store - I tried a test tonight and finally success (the Fuji is a lot flatter than the curly Polaroid)

I will finish these this weekend and get them in the mail. Not sure if I will try them all as is or tape some to official size cards - I sent one of my duds to myself this week in a test but it has not arrived yet.

thanks in advance for your patience with me

Martin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scan-070809-0005.JPG  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Martin-

I'm guilty of the stone lion. Glad I didn't put a return on mine - it looks like they'd all have come back.

Peter
    If you can't answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.
    - Elbert Hubbard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My little series are finally going out this weekend. They are a little smaller, photographed with the blad on Polaroid 669 which was way out of date! I like the results. Do we have anywhere we can post these? I'm adding here a sample of the series for you.
    Last edited by Nicole; 04-08-2008 at 06:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Folks,

4 prints this week:
    • A 4x5 image of a lens that I presume is from Scott by the postmark
    • Cattails by Alex
    • An interesting image of a butterfly on a finger from Texas which by process of elimination is Alex's
    • And John's flower
    Thanks!

I took my images last weekend and sent my prints out yesterday. Used my Polaroid Job Pro and not the Instax - not enough film! Errr ...

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Received Scott's yesterday. I'm really enjoying finding something other than junk mail and bills in the mailbox!
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bump...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I still don't have prints from Art, Nicole, Martin or Pete (I think).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine are somewhere out over the big blue ocean on their merry way to you all

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin