Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,543   Posts: 1,544,415   Online: 1070

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just to update you -

The outlook for wildflowers this year is pretty bleak in most of the state. Escept for Ironwood! Apparently they got quite a bit of rain (relative term here). When I was out there a couple of weeks ago I saw large areas of small green plants which are apparently the wildflowers. They just need to grow a bit and they should produce some nice blooms. This might get a bit tricky. The weather has been warm, but no rain. Some say these flowers need a bit more rain to really do well. The good news is that this weekend it looks like we might get some. Hopefully this will help the flowers. I am hoping to head out to Ironwood again in a week or so to see how things are out there flower-wise. I'll update you when I do.

Also, I'd like to talk about sights to visit there. There are a lot of things to see in Ironwood. There are petroglyph sites, the old Silverbell cemetary (which is very interesting), lots of scenic vistas, tons of cacti and other desert plants, as well as ghost town called Sasco on the way out. If anyone has any preferences or things they'd like to see in particular, let me know and we can kind of work on the various options for our route.

I am also not "locked into" Ironwood 100%. If there are a few other places or things people want to see in the area, we can do that too.
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks Robert,
    I looked up Ironwood on Google and the NPS has a map and I was able to locate it. Since I shoot primerly b\w flowers are not really my bag. Don't get me wrong I will shoot flowers but prefer graveyards and ghost towns and the like. I am trying to become a landscape shooter but it is hard to do. The other stuff comes more naturally. Is the weekend in March still around the 8th of that month?

lee\c

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes. The 8th is the Saturday. And if you want graveyards, the one at Silverbell is amazing. Very old.
    ----------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Lots of that out there. We could probably even squeeze in San Xavier or someplace similar. We will definately be able to hit Sasco, and if people want I know of some petroglyphs up by Picacho that are supposed to be great and seldom visited (and accessible). Since the exit from Ironwood will be Red Rock, a quick jaunt to Pichacho would be very doable.
    ----------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have a back seat in my truck but no one has ever sat there. That is usually where all the crap I haul around goes. Stuff I don't want to grow legs and walk off. You are welcome to sit in the middle of the truck. That is the bst seet anyway. You don't have to drive and you don't have to get out and open any gates either.

lee/c

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Robert,
    Disregard my email. I figured out how I can make this work. I am gonna go out to Tucson early and be there by the 02-28. My friend and I will photograph on our own and then meet you guys on Sat the 8th. Then I will beat feet to the hacienda. That way I won't interupt your trip.

Aggie,
    If you want me to meet you at the airport, you will need to give me the flight info before Feb 26 as I am gonna leave that day.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    sounds good to me just let me know the time and flight number and the airport. I am assuming SWA and Tucson but if you get a better deal just let me know the details before the drop dead date. Or make Robert pick you up.

lee\c

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin