Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,536   Online: 859

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oops. I need everyone's names and mailing addresses - just the 'new' folks.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm in for a round 2...

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Write me down for a "tentative". Actually, I just bought two Polaroid cameras for 5 euro the other day. This sounds like fun, but as the cameras are as yet untested, I can't commit yet...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    i am in.need to buy film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I'm in again

Last one was fun so I just bought 6 packs of Fuji for $40 last week. Good timing.

will be travelling Oct 1-20.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, so far we have people for one group. 11 more people needed - we know you're out there ....

I'd like to mix it up a bit too, so that some people from the last round aren't going get all the same people again this round - it's going to be tricky.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This sounds like great fun!
    I know there are people such as are found at http://www.postcardpolaroid.com/ that shoot a polaroid usually of the SX70 variety, address it, bung a stamp on it, post it and it gets where it should.

The Polaroid company used to have sticky Postcard backings called "Postcarders" to stick your Polaroid prints on. They were 3.1" x 4.1" in size. I used to shoot some travel photos with the Model 800 camera and send a postcard to friends or family. Easy, simple and fun. UNTIL, about 1980ish the folks at the U.S. Post office informed me it could NOT accept these as they DO NOT meet minimum size for postcards.

The Post office regulation SAYS: Minimum Allowable Postcard Size: 3.5 x 5 Inches
    If the width is less than 5 inches or the height is less than 3.5 inches the USPS will NOT mail your postcard.

I miss my polaroid postcards!!!! THEN I read about these folks at postcardpolaroid.com sending a SX70 type polaroid through the mail WITHOUT a backing, just a stamped, addressed, naked polaroid. They say on the site that they get to the people they are sent to. SO I send a SX70 stamped and addressed print to my family in Minneapolis from Maryland. I fly out to visit and await the postcard for 10 days, NO postcard. I then send a SX70 postcard from Minneapolis to Maryland. I then fly back home to Maryland. It has been two weeks since I sent the Polaroid postcard. NO postcard has arrive either here in Maryland nor Minneapolis.

So am I missing something?? How is this going to work? I'd like it to work so I could once again send Polaroid post cards reliably to people.

The only way I've been able to send a Polaroid via postcard , is to make a custom backer with a decorative border and inset the polaroid photo so that the surface of the Polaroid print was flush with the surface of the surrounding border. THE REASON was the post office did not like the Polaroid print just "Stuck" on the card with its raised surface being higher by .008" than the backing.

Some things just gotta be hard and complicated!

Let me know what you know,
    Sam H.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received 3 out of 10 polaroids from the last one, so I hope this time I'll have better success.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sam H., what about dry mounting the print...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin