Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,441   Online: 728

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've gotten 8/10, including all the Canadians (I think) and the Aussie. If you want to make sure you get the "postcard" to whomever, stuff it in an envelope and send it that way. Sure, it bumps the postage up to letter rate, but then you know it will get there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received a lovely polaroid today from Martin, thank you very much! A beautiful green countryside. What's the story behind this one Martin?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Sam H., what about dry mounting the print...
    Hi Keith,
    Dry mounting is just fine, or wet mounting is fine. The problem is NOT with the method of mounting as much as they do not like the idea of a .008" thick 3.4" x 4.2" print being mounted on a larger sized 3.5" x 5.5" .008" thick backing card. I surmise that the .008" step of the print on the backer might cause a problem in their sorting machines. So what I've done is mount a 3.5" x 5.5" decorative border on to the backer. This border is .008" thick, the same as a P-roid print. The center of this border is cut out in a 2.8" x 3.7" window. I trim the white borders off the P-roid print, making it 2.8" x 3.7", stick it to the backer in the window cut in the decorative border. This way the P-roid is in a decorative window mat and NOT sticking above the surface of the larger post office approved size card. A lot more work, but it does not stop me from sending a P-roid postcard.
    Sam H.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Hotton View Post
    So am I missing something?? How is this going to work? I'd like it to work so I could once again send Polaroid post cards reliably to people.
    Hmmm ... so far most of us have been slapping a stamp on the back of the Polaroid and most have been arriving to their recipients - except, it seems the ones heading to Nicole in Australia.

Seems to be hit and miss.

Now you could just throw the Polaroid in a envelope and send that, if you wish. No biggie.

So, you in? I hope so.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi folks,

Just listing those that have signed up so far:
    1. gr82bart
    2. winger
    3. keithwms
    4. Alex Hawley
    5. Nicole
    6. thebanana
    7. Pete H
    8. keeds <--need your aname and ddress
    9. TheFlyingCamera
    10. kraker <--oh come on, jump in here and send me your address
    11. rkmiec
    12. MartinB
    13. Black Dog
    14. Samuel Hotton <--send me your address
    So close people, we just need 8 more people to make another group. I know of you're out there with Polaroid cameras or backs ...

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got my Fuji instant film today. I even have a subject in mind - just have to get up the guts to ask the property owner if they mind.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm in again. I just received one from Martin this week that is better than anything I have ever printed by any method. This polaroid is FANTASTIC!!
    If you can't answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.
    - Elbert Hubbard

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I guess I'll sign up... I'm hopefully going to get more polaroid film at the beginning of the month so I can take some nice sx-70 pictures. I like the sx-70 more than the instax camera. I think it's because I like close-ups and the sx-70 can do focusing up to 6inches or so. If not, everyone's getting instax since I have a pack of that hanging around here.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Hi folks,

Just listing those that have signed up so far:
    (...)
    kraker <--oh come on, jump in here and send me your address
    (...)
    I'm hoping to receive two packs of 600 film in a few days, then I will see whether the cameras I bought are in working condition. If they are, I'm in for sure . More news within a week...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    I I'm hopefully going to get more polaroid film at the beginning of the month so I can take some nice sx-70 pictures.
    Hey Heather,

What film are you using for the SX-70?
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin