Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,223   Online: 931

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley View Post
    Hey Heather,

What film are you using for the SX-70?
    Normal polaroid 600 stuff. Just use a bit of the cardboard to slide it into the camera and remember (usually but not always) to set it all the way to darken. Seems to work okay, better for not-100% sun but isn't too bad even then.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks Heather.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    I'm hoping to receive two packs of 600 film in a few days, then I will see whether the cameras I bought are in working condition. If they are, I'm in for sure . More news within a week...
    Yes, I'm definitely in! (PM sent to Art.) Received a double pack of 600 film today, so I could finally test the camera. It works like a charm, so let's have some fun!

Only risk is that I will have shot both packs of film on other subjects before I start working on this exchange. I'll just have to order some more film, I guess. I didn't know Polaroid could be so addictive ...

Just a question that comes to mind: will there be a time plan once we have all 22 people needed? Like shoot within a month and send & receive the month after? Or just "when you're ready"?
    Last edited by kraker; 09-25-2007 at 02:24 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Slowly but surely, we're getting enough people:
    1. gr82bart
    2. winger
    3. keithwms
    4. Alex Hawley
    5. Nicole
    6. thebanana
    7. Pete H
    8. keeds
    9. TheFlyingCamera
    10. kraker
    11. rkmiec
    12. MartinB
    13. Black Dog
    14. Samuel Hotton
    15. Peter Williams
    16. Akki14
    OK, I'll give it to the end of the week and we'll go with who we have. Which means sending out less than 10 prints, unless some folks want to be in two groups? If, just say so.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, it looks like we've exhausted this thread. I'll organize the names into two groups of 8 tonight. This means, 7 instant prints to be sent out ....

Stay tuned.

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, so I created groups with people evenly split between the last round and newbies.

Group 1
    Akki14
    gr82bart *
    Alex Hawley
    MartinB *
    Black Dog
    Nicole *
    keeds
    Peter Williams *

Group 2
    keithwms
    rkmiec *
    kraker
    thebanana *
    Pete H
    TheFlyingCamera *
    Samuel Hotton
    winger *

I just sent PMs with people's addresses.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 10-05-2007 at 02:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just a little note, for those of us in the UK, The postal system is kind of at a halt due to strikes until Thursday so we're not going to be the first ones out of the gate for sending stuff out. Even if we manage to take things to the post office directly, there's no guarantee it'll get anywhere until Thursday.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good morning everyone,
    ALL 7 instant print postcards posted from me Monday 15 October at Salisbury, Maryland U.S.A.
    All were of SX-70 style prints with the address hand printed, using a sharpie on the front white bottom margin. I used first class letter rate, not postcard rate for U.S. Canada and European addresses.
    I hope everyone receives theirs. Results will be interesting.
    Sam H.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Guys,

I also shot all of my Polaroids at last weekend's New England get together. This time, since I think only 7 or 8 of my 10 cards made it safely across the postal systems the last time, I may 'envelope' them to the UK and abroad. Blasphemy! Dunno yet ....

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    (...) I may 'envelope' them to the UK and abroad. Blasphemy! Dunno yet ....
    Regards, Art.
    I'm stuggling with the same choice. I shot more than enough Polaroids last week, so I just have to choose which to send. Easy enough. Tougher choice: part of the fun seemed to be just to put a stamp and an address on them and post them. But... they are officially too small (according to the rules of our postal service). I guess even more important than the mentioned "part of the fun" is that they actually reach their destination... So, I'm afraid I'm going to have to put 'em in envelopes...

Or I can try sending just one or two for now, see if they arrive. I have a few spare photos, should it fail...

Hmmmm... choices, choices...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin