Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,983   Online: 890

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received a print all the way from 'dans le Chambre noir' this morning (thanks Jake). Fascinating study of a megalith - I had presumed that it was possibly somewhere in North west France but I then spied a pencil note on the back of the image which suggests the Castlerigg stone circle? Thing is, although I know the circle reasonably well - its only 60 miles away from me, near to Keswick - its hard to tell from the image. This is because rather than show the usual topographic perspective, it instead offers a wonderfully abstract composition, which reveals only one side of one of the stones, of which only a tiny sliver is in focus. The rest of the iamge is a geometric pattern of out of focus shadows and highlights.

Masterly and very creative. And, as its a square format............... can I assume a C330?

By the way Jake, with stuff like this, why aren't you posting to the galleries?

Graham

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    By the way - I forgot to mention - I posted my print out this morning. It should get to its recipient early next week.

Graham

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GFDarlington View Post
    I received a print all the way from 'dans le Chambre noir' this morning (thanks Jake). Fascinating study of a megalith - I had presumed that it was possibly somewhere in North west France but I then spied a pencil note on the back of the image which suggests the Castlerigg stone circle? Thing is, although I know the circle reasonably well - its only 60 miles away from me, near to Keswick - its hard to tell from the image. This is because rather than show the usual topographic perspective, it instead offers a wonderfully abstract composition, which reveals only one side of one of the stones, of which only a tiny sliver is in focus. The rest of the iamge is a geometric pattern of out of focus shadows and highlights.

Masterly and very creative. And, as its a square format............... can I assume a C330?

By the way Jake, with stuff like this, why aren't you posting to the galleries?

Graham
    Thanks Graham, glad you enjoyed it [if you're a longterm reader of UK B+W, some of my work was in the april 02 and June 03 issues].I've made quite a few visits to Castlerigg and, yes, this was done on my trusty C330. I'm spending so much time in the darkroom at the moment catching up on my huge neg backlog I'm too busy to scan anything-hopefully next week.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

UK ROUND 10 PRINT EXCHANGE

Hi,
    Sorry I am late sending my print for this round, I have just
    got back from working in Sweden. I will put one in the
    post by Friday at the latest.

Cheers JON.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    hello all,

Received a fine print from Graham today. I like the sombre mood and the grittiness of the image. Thanks very much.

I'm afraid I am late again with my print which I hope to have in the post by the weekend; it is currently flattening under some heavy books.

Regards Daniel
    Last edited by simulatordan; 12-11-2007 at 03:27 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    BTW, really enjoyed Barry Wakelin's moody lith print of Derwentwater, one of my favourite spots.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sent my entry out at last.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JON@jb-ci View Post
    Hi,
    Sorry I am late sending my print for this round, I have just
    got back from working in Sweden. I will put one in the
    post by Friday at the latest.

Cheers JON.
    It turned up today. A view of a Greek harbour taken on Kodak HIE. Much better than any of my efforts with IR.

Thanks,

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The good news: I got in the darkroom this weekend and produced my print for round ten

The bad news: It's got a yellow cast

I'd just been doing some prints on Foma Chamois and it left a yellow dye in the chemicals. So, I'm afraid my print's going to be delayed a few days whilst I re-print it.

Sorry,

Brian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

UK ROUND 10 PRINT EXCHANGE

Hi,
    Received a print on Friday from STAN 160. Thanks Stan.

Regards JON.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin