Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,545   Online: 881

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I got Art's postcard and I'm not even on his list. And me thinking this thing was dead and gone. For shame!

Thanks Art

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Okay, I just shot the last of my Type 809 (thanks, Ted Harris!) and have enough keepers for the Ode to Polaroid exchange and one for the Traveling Portfolio. We're packing up to move this weekend, so these should get out in the mail this week. The processor gave a little bit of a whine when the last sheet went through.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    David,

I thought you just moved recently? I know there have been a few of us who also recently moved and it's still fresh in out minds (and backs). Good luck with all of it. Do you get a larger darkroom at the new place?

Alan.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi Alan,

We last moved about a year ago. We weren't sure where we were going to end up, so we took something flexible that we could move out of at any time. A year is such a short time, I only had the darkroom really workable for printing toward the end of our stay, but I was able to keep up with my film processing.

We should be moving the last of our things to the new place on Saturday, so this morning's Polaroids are my last photographs from the old place--something in the Struth/Gursky/Becher vein.

In the new place, I'll be surrounded by old cemeteries and there's a fantastic view of Manhattan, so I'm sure I'll find plenty of inspiration there. I'm also going to have better darkroom space. It's a three bedroom apartment with about 1-3/4 bathrooms, so we're going to make the master bedroom with the small bathroom into a combined darkroom space and study, sleep in one of the other bedrooms, and our son will finally get his own room. The small bathroom just has a shower stall, so I'm imagining a vertical tray setup. I've also got roof access, which has nice panoramic views and room for lots of contact print frames. I should be able to get a lot more printing done out there.

David
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MenacingTourist View Post
    I got Art's postcard and I'm not even on his list. And me thinking this thing was dead and gone. For shame!

Thanks Art
    Definitely not dead and gone yet - I still haven't sent mine, for which I'm feeling massively guilty .

I will send them though, honest!

[My excuse is - I put an offer on a house in February; after months of wrangling, and credit-crunching, and general nightmare, we finally completed the purchase a month ago; the removal vans arrive next week. In the meantime I've been living out of boxes in a state of general chaos, and I'll be honest APUG's not been top of the list - I've not even had time to see what has been sent to me; that post (I'm pretty sure a couple of APUG things are there) is in a box somewhere .

I'm really, really sorry; will be making it up though, and definitely will be sending my 'roids once I've got into the new house and my life has returned to some kind of stability!]
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Art times three

Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Hi Folks,

OK, as penance for my deadbeatness, I have sent everyone on my list a Polaroid 600 'postcard' from the Postcard Exchange. This is in ADDITION to the Polaroid I have planned to send you all. I hang my head in shame ...

Regards, Art.
    Upon re-reading this post, I think I understand the events of last week. First I received two cards from Art, one biblical reference (I thought that must be from this exchange) and one shot of my closet of food-supplies (still have to figure out how Art managed to take that picture in my closet, but that's a different story ), marked Postcard Exchange #14. Ah, that one must be from the postcard exchange then. All solved.

Until today, when I received a similar card of the food-supplies from Art, agian marked Postcard Exchange #14. At first I thought Art sent a "double" one by accident, but upon reading this, I received one from the Postcard Exchange #14 as a bonus of the Ode to Polaroid exchange, and one because we are also in the Postcard Exchange itself.

Well, since each Polaroid is unique, I can't say that I have two that are the same. Similar, yes, but not the same.

Thanks, Art! I almost forgot to mention: I like them all!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Dave,
    Congrats on the new space. Sounds like fun.

Tim,
    Congrats on the new place. Buying a new house is at best a pain in the butt. Seeing the kids play in the yard and having a happy wife it makes it all worthwhile.

Alan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Folks,

First, I'm still on the verge of being a deadbeat, but I haven't forgotten! I will send out 'real' Polaroids. I know I am starting to sound like a broken vinyl record.

Next, I have to thank people for the Polaroids I did receive:
    • Jacco sent two kewl Polaroid 32 (? that's what is says on the back) which are like 600's. Nice images. I like the flare in one of them.
    • The apples from Diana are remarkably well executed. Just amazing.
    • I always like the images I get from Jake. This one's a still life in B&W that is subdued.
    • Finally, I have this really commercial looking 'test' print from JLMoore (? I am deciphering the signature line here). Nice clean image of a mannequin, is my guess. Well done. I love it.
    Wonderful images. Thanks.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Jacco sent two kewl Polaroid 32 (? that's what is says on the back) which are like 600's.
    It's just 600's with perhaps some strange numbers printed on the back, I'm sure .

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Okay, my prints are finally ready to go out today. I'm waiting for address updates from gr82bart and menacing tourist.

I also got a request from someone named "otiica," but they never sent me their address or a print or info that they were intending to send a print, so I've got one extra 8x10" from the series (the light is a bit less dramatic than in the others in the series, so it's even more Becher-esque, if you like that sort of thing), if anyone wants to do another exchange.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin