UK Print Exchange Round 12
APUG UK Print Exchange Round 12.
The time has come to start the sign up for round 12 of the UK Print Exchange. If you signed up for round 11 but have not yet received a print can you inform me via PM. Anyone, who hasn't met their round 11 commitment will be excluded from this and future exchanges until they have sent their print.
Exchange rules are as follows:
Please register interest in this thread and send the address you want the print sent to via PM to me (with subject line "UK round 11" please). Interest should be registered by the end of SATURDAY 1st MARCH after which I will place all names in a hat and pick them out at random. I have kept a record of previous rounds matches so I'll try to ensure that people send prints to different people this round.
You will then receive a PM with the address of the person that you should send your print to.
Your details will have been passed to another in the group who should send you a print.
You will not be expected to send a print to the person that sends you one - just to the name and address that you have been provided with.
1. Your print must have originated from a film/ in-camera paper negative (eg no digital process at any point please), but any intermediate traditional stages are acceptable .
2. Your print should be on 10x8 paper (or larger if you wish, just dont expect others to send you anything bigger than 10 x 8 ).
3. Paper type and finish is your choice, as is the subject.
4. The image may be any size or format.
5. Inkjet prints or computer manipulated images are ineligible.
6. The addition of explanatory notes is optional, but your recipient may appreciate some background information, and if you do not say who it is from, they cannot thank you for it.
7. Enjoy the experience.
8. There is no expectation for critiques or comments to be made, although there is nothing to stop you asking for this if you wish.
9. Failure to honor the agreement and not send a print will result in a strike, 3 strikes and your out. Past failings will be counted.
If you have a spare copy of your print then Simon Galley at Ilford / Harmon Technology would love to see it. I'm sure Simon will put it on the company notice board for everyone to see. Simon's address is:
HARMAN technology Limited,
Marked : For the attention of Simon.R.Galley
I'm considering signing up but you're so quick in your sign-up times and sending and I'll be going to visit my parents for a while soon so unless I send my print between the 3-4th, you'd have to settle for a print sent from the US (though my address would still be in the UK). Is that okay? I should be able to get a print done this week to carry with me even if you don't get the addresses out before I go...
sorry for the short sign up time this round, but I'm probably not going to be in a position to sit down and pull the names from the hat the subsequent two weekends. That said you will probably have 4 to 6 weeks to get your print out after the 2nd March.
As to sending the print from the US, I have no objections: you are based in the UK, but will be away for a while... So, as long as you don't mind the extra postage and also not knowing if you've received a print until you've got back home then by all means please go ahead and sign up.
UK PRINT EXCHANGE ROUND 12
My darkroom's now up and running again so count me in please, Brian!
Sponsored Ad. (Subscribers to APUG have the option to remove this ad.)
I'm in again please Brian, PM sent.
Apologies again for the delay in my entry to round 11, but it is in the post now!
Not this time, but in a month or three I should be printing again. I really appreciated the last round I was in.
Hi Brian, please count me in for round 12. Many thanks Chris Gries.
Me too Please. PM on the way