Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,085   Online: 918

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm with Jorge and Les on this one. I'd love to participate, so please count me in, but my opportunities to get to the darkroom are limited. If the exchange was run with very strict deadlines, I wouldn't be able to commit to them (after all, I have enough of those to cope with at work!).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yeah, count me in on this, too. It looks like it could be interesting. A gallery with a limited number of prints would be the best thing. Shipping unmounted prints with generous borders sounds like a winner.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I go for the original idea. I was just explaining what it was like for me in the last print exchange that I was a part of. Now that Jeremy has solved my scan issues that will work for me.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you post a photo to the gallery are you obligated to trade with anyone who wants your print or do you pick just those who have work you like.

I think you need to set a parameter that if someone joins the group and posts an image they must agree to trade with anyone who requests a trade. Maybe this is assumed to be the case. I would like some clarification on this point or how others see see the actual process of selecting prints and setting up a trade.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim68134
    If you post a photo to the gallery are you obligated to trade with anyone who wants your print or do you pick just those who have work you like.
    I'm fine with that either way, but does it mean that I have to post to the gallery in order to participate? My prints don't scan well. You need to hold my prints in your hand in order for the tones to come across. My interest is strictly in the exchange of physical prints, not displaying my photography online. As long as whoever I'm exchanging with understands that he won't really be seeing the work until he gets the print, and that the gallery entry is merely a hint of what it will look like, I'm game.

Let's not put any restrictions on format, size or presentation, however. I don't consider a print finished until it's mounted. I won't send out any unmounted Azo prints, which are single weight and damaged if you so much as look at them wrong. If someone wants to send me an unmounted one, that's fine, but don't ask me to reciprocate in that regard.

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    I like the original idea. Posting to a gallery seems appropriate. I agree with no firm deadlines. What about posting a limited number of prints? For instance: There are 3 copies of the displayed print for exchange with those who would be interested. Shipping mounted prints could be a problem if the print size gets much larger then 8X10. I do agree with not shipping any of my Azo prints without being mounted. The potential for damage is too great.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim68134's question is an important one. Is one obligated to do the trade if someone requests it?
    As for the last Jim, I think that yes, images need to be displayed in the gallery so that one knows who and which print to trade with/for.
    Frank S.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Images
    [quote="frank"]Jim68134's question is an important one. Is one obligated to do the trade if someone requests it?
    quote]

I don't think so. Personally I would be flattered if there was such demand for my own work, but again, like the postcard list, this could turn into a full time job. I think it is up to the two photographers to work out a deal. The idea of the gallery is just to give an idea of what the images look like. I don't think there is a person on this board that thinks scanned images look anywhere close to the actual prints.

As far as mounted vs unmounted, etc. I see it as the photographers personal decision. Just include it in your post. Example.

Moon Over Myhammy I've got 4 copies of this print approx size 8x12 on 11x14 forte paper, brown toned, unmounted.

what do ya'll think? I think we have enough people liking the gallery deal to have Sean set one up.
    hi!

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    works for me. I will be off line for several days in the South Texas area. Back on Sunday. See ya soon.

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    Works for me.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin