Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,360   Online: 799

Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast
    Images
    Hey everyone,

There has been quite a bit of talk about doing a print exvchange in the past, I'd like to gauge interest now, in this dedicated thread, to see if it is something we would like to do as a group.

The way I see it, is that we can set up a special gallery that will be dedicated to the exchange. Members can post a scan of their print that they want to trade. Other members can check it out, and post their own, and offer up trades through PM, email, etc.

Potential hickups I see with this type of system:

Not everyone has access to a scanner
    Members may all want the same image
    differing print qualities

what do you think?
    Last edited by Sean; 05-20-2004 at 06:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be in it.

To save you having to print the same image 20 times maybe optionaly limit exchange prints to an edition of 5 or so. When you posted the image you could say there's 5 of these images avaiable, and as you send them out, you update the page (new comment) saying 4 left.. 3 left... etc, then remove that image when your done. If you're happy to print it anytime, don't use the 'editions'

Do we set up another page like the portfolio/postcards pages to hold the list of willing participants, which you'd contact to setup an exchange or, if you post into the gallery (no picture really required?) then you're stating that you'd like to do a swap.

My last print swap turned a little sour when I didn't get any prints returned (I sent 4 in one go) but I've since found out the reciepient passed away! I wonder what they did with my prints.. someone might have inherieted them,.. bet that would be a mystery!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Count me in too. I think Nige's idea of limiting the number and posting how many are left is a sensible way to limit the amount of prints traded.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    ok I am in. I have been in print swaps before and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. The trick is to do the work. I will have to go to a computer that has a scanner and make a cd and then bring it back to the house but I can do that I think.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    me too
    Frank
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Count me in..I will ask Sean to set a print exchange gallery which will be used solely for the purpose of exchanging prints.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Count me in. Sounds like a good idea.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love to join this, too.

And Lee maybe I could talk you into teaching me about the presentation end of photography and I can do some digital (AHHH, blasphemy on APUG!) work for you--I've got a 1200dpi flatbed w/ an 8x10 transparancy lid which can give some nice scans of larger film.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Images
    Wow, sounds like we have a good response already! For those who have been in these things before, what were the good and bad points? Also, I've got a microtek scanner at work that can scan up to 8X14 prints and 8X10 film, although 4x5 turns out much better. I'd be willing to do some scans for those who need them as long as it doesn't turn in to a full time job Just contact me offlist.

Brian
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin