Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,182   Online: 642

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    How funny, I did nearly the same and also in square. I have done two versions. One on Kentmere Fineprint FB which I only toned a bit in Moersch Vario Sulfur and one on Ilford FB Warmtone also toned in Moersch Vario Sulfur but this time I bleached back quite a bit before putting it into the toner and now it has a lot of color. So since we already have nearly the same crop, let me show another color
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OneNegative.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yikes! :o

My crop of this image is almost identical to the two shown so far! The cropping was so severe that I was almost certain that no one else would see the image this way! Shows ya how much I know, huh? I have printed what bromoilists call a "dark print" (overexposed on Kentmere Fineprint) and will bleach/tan the matrix this weekend in preparation for inking it with lithographic inks next week.

Cheers,

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    How funny, I did nearly the same and also in square. I have done two versions. One on Kentmere Fineprint FB which I only toned a bit in Moersch Vario Sulfur and one on Ilford FB Warmtone also toned in Moersch Vario Sulfur but this time I bleached back quite a bit before putting it into the toner and now it has a lot of color. So since we already have nearly the same crop, let me show another color

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Well here is a print from the river neg. I have to say it was a lot harder to envision a picture from a neg I didn't shoot, then I thought it would be.

I cropped in on the water and a rock. Developed in Burke and James Cold Tone from the darkroom cookbook. On Agfa VC paper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apug Same negative.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    1)

2)

These are two -in a series of eight- pictures that I printed in Fuji's Crystal Archive Paper using Tetenal RA-4 chems.
    John kindly scanned the prints and emailed them to me.So,here it is what I did but afraid that prints are overcompressed. I had to upload them to Windows Live Spaces and give the link to bring them here.I don't know how it could be better.The ''thumbnail technic'' is out of my ''advanced'' (!) digital knowledge.-
    kyprianos
    Words make the pictures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I liked them full frame. Printed on Ilford MG IV processed in Ilford cool tone dev
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails water and bridge.jpg   Sap buckets.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here's a bromoil print of the sap bucket. Paper: Kentmere Fineprint finegrain matte. Several colors of litho inks: blue, dark brown, yellow ochre and orange. Image size: 7 x 7 inches. It will a few weeks befor I can print the second image as I'm leaving next week on holiday for two or three weeks.
    Last edited by Gene_Laughter; 12-25-2008 at 11:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I printed this awhile ago, but it really was not what I wanted. I'm not getting around to reprinting so I figured I'd post what I have. It is printed on Forte Polywarmtone as a lith print in Rollei lith developer (1:20 plus about 25% old brown). It was bleached and toned with selenium then in gold. The intent was that the snow would be slightly blueish and the trees a warmer brown/black. The gold cooled the highlights a little, but not very much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails print same net 041808.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What print postings I've seen so far all look really great, and I find it fascinating that so many chose the same or similar crop ..

When I signed up for this project I had hoped my darkroom would be ready in plenty of time to take part.. As yet it's not finished, but a friend has kindly offered me the use of one for next weekend, so hopefully I'll get one or both prints done then even if they are late (very late!)..

This has been a really fascinating project and has been a great insight into other peoples printing, their ideas and techniques all through working with the same raw material. Thank you for starting it Jon.

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Here are the ones that I have so far. They are split-grade printed on Ilford MGIV in LPD 1:4. The one on the left was toned in selenium 1:9 for 3 minutes. I cropped the image to the ratio of 1x1.25. I cropped all off the left hand side. It's a pretty straight forward print.

In my opinion the image looks best printed in straight black and white, no color toning. I tried a slight sepia toning along with selenium for cold shadows and warm highlights but did not like the result, but I posted it below (right) anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snow Scene 01.jpg   Snow Scene 02.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finally managed to get a scan that approximates my print!

Printed on Ilford MG FB Warmtone, developed in Beer's #4.

From my initial contacts, I knew I wanted to print at a fairly hard grade to keep the sparkle in the snow, but I wanted a softer grade for the river to make the most of its tonal range. As the river doesn't have a nice clean border down the right-hand side, I decided to bleach the latent image, rather than try split grade printing. For the print posted, I gave a single exposure at grade 4, then bathed the print in a bath prepared using 5ml/l of my LIB stock (0.1% m/v Potassium Ferricyanide) for two minutes. I had no need to make any adjustment for speed-loss on bleaching.

In the straight print, the foreground snow, and whitetops on the river were pretty dull due to being in the shade, so I did some selective bleaching to enhance the highlights that were present.

To finish the print I wanted to tone with gold, to give the snow a nice cold blue tone, but I wanted to keep some warmth in the river. So I toned for 4½ minutes with selenium toner (1+9), washed, and finished with gold toner for ten minutes.

Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin