Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,776   Online: 1038

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This looks intriguing... count me in!

Shooter
    Large Format
    me too!!!
    John Bowen

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I would be interested in 4x5 format.

My suggestion would be to have groupings of about 5-10 people and have one person volunteer to generate 5-10 identical negative to send to each participant. Each participant would be responsible for sending one 8x10 - 11x14 print of the negative to each of the other 4-9 participants along with notes about the printing process and techniques so that it is a learning experience.

Although a bit onerous, it would perhaps weed out the casual volunteers who take forever to do anything. Some of the blind print exchanges are exercises in patience. People seem to volunteer and then take months to generate a single print so the experience is more exasperating than anything.

Just my take.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    I would be interested in 4x5 format.

My suggestion would be to have groupings of about 5-10 people and have one person volunteer to generate 5-10 identical negative to send to each participant. Each participant would be responsible for sending one 8x10 - 11x14 print of the negative to each of the other 4-9 participants along with notes about the printing process and techniques so that it is a learning experience.

Although a bit onerous, it would perhaps weed out the casual volunteers who take forever to do anything. Some of the blind print exchanges are exercises in patience. People seem to volunteer and then take months to generate a single print so the experience is more exasperating than anything.

Just my take.
    That seems like another good way to organize it. I am thinking more along the lines of the Postcard Exchange, where even if there is not 100% participation, the participation rate is high. I think it would be wonderful if negative exchanges became a more common thing here, and there is no reason they should be organized all the same way, and probably good reasons not to.
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    14 posts so far?

That means that it should still be possible for me to get in on this.

I want in - and please don't post any neg scans!

BTW I have enlargers that take anything from 35mm to 5x7".
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So far I have 10 people, myself included who have said 'yes':

Jon King
    Brian Steinberger
    Pete H
    Keithwms
    MartinB
    bdial
    Síle
    SuzanneR
    jgjbowen
    Ole

I figure I will let send out negatives next Monday, March 10, to give people a chance to see this thread and join if they wish.

In keeping with the surprise aspect of it, perhaps we say no posting for two weeks or so, to let people have a chance to print them without the temptation of peeking on APUG to see what others may have done? I'm open to better suggestions or changing the dates

With regards to negative size, I thought that 35mm would exclude the fewest possible APUGgers. So there may be some grain . The negatives are FP4+ developed in D76.
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I interested. Count me in

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My proposal to this excellent idea is to make identical dublicates,using a standard technique method to keep the original negative, and send them simultaneously to all participants (me,too,of course). Otherwise it will take time in the changing hands,if we are talking for one negative.
    N
    Words make the pictures.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds like fun...I'm up for it. I'd suggest, though, that the prints then get posted to a gallery area (is this possible?) on a specific date so we can all see them.

Images
    Now *this* is interesting. I love the idea and will be following it. I don't know that my skills are good enough to join. What say you? Sounds like a good way to grow, though. Yes?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin