Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,759   Posts: 1,484,011   Online: 1158

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    All the negatives are in the mail!!

There have been a few questions about rules/restrictions, so I'll try to put them all in one place. I'm not one for hard and fast rules, particularly in an exchange where the point is not to constrain our printing ideas!
    • Each envelope contains two negatives. Print one, print both, print them one way ,print them many ways. Use any techniques you want. FB/RC, silver gelatin, alternative processes... etc.
    • Please do NOT post them on APUG until say, April 11? That time will give us all a few weeks to get into the darkroom and try a few things out without the temptation of looking to see what others might be doing! If you can't post until later, that is fine.
    • Scan the end print, and post one, post all. It would be great if you can describe what your goal was, and how you got the print there.
    If you can't scan the prints, you can send them to me and I will be happy to scan them.
    • As a separate effort from scanning and posting, I'd like to try to exchange the prints. Posting a scan will ensure that we all see a version of our results, but there is nothing like holding the real thing.
    If you want to see the prints in person, send me a print for the 'collection', and we can send them around the group.
    If I didn't think of something, let me know and let's figure it out.
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I like the idea of sending the print collection around. To do so, it might be good to make the prints not too big. Well, if a restriction in size would not be too much of a restriction in creativity.

Regards
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon King View Post
    All the negatives are in the mail!!
    The negatives arrived this morning, thank you! They really look great.. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone makes of them !

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got the negs today. This is going to be fun.
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Images
    Jon, that was quick and a pleasant surprise when I collected the mail. Thanks. I'll get to work on it the first of the week.

Janet
    Last edited by jgcull; 03-15-2008 at 01:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nothing in the mail.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Images
    I find it very helpful to *see* (as this exchange allows) a correct negative. I shoot and process alone, with nobody EVER looking at my negative to give me advice or instruction. I'd love to know every detail you can give, Jon. How did you meter, how did you expose the shot? What was your orientation to the light and what time was it? What did you develop in, for how long, and what about agitation? Everything. I'm doing this for learning, so knowing about this negative I'm holding would be very helpful to me. I hope you don't mind my asking.

Thanks so much, again, for organizing this!

Janet

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Okay, just got back from New Orleans. I look forward to printing this week! Thank you!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hey Jonathan,

the negatives made it to Germany. Thanks. I will make a test print tonight and then settle on one or the other or on both

I am very curious about all the different interpretations.

Regards
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi, negs made it to Suffolk, UK. Will do some straight prints soon and then decide how to progress. In two minds as to treat them how I normally print or try something new... Interesting...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin