Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,820   Online: 1140

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The neg's arrived!

Since there is already developer and fixer in the trays, I'll do a quick "check print" right now just to let it settle a little before I start printing.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

The "Rules"

I apologize for any confusion about what *needs* to be done. The downside of doing this quickly is that some details are getting figured out when people ask questions, not before and it all doesn't get put down in one place.

The "requirement"

*Make one print from either negative. Use any process you want, make whatever creative decisions on printing you want. Just make it something that fits the rules for posting on APUG

Please do not post it on APUG until April 11 or after. When you do post the scan on APUG, the more information you add, the more interesting it can be for us all.

If you don't have access to a scanner, I will gladly scan it for you.

Beyond that?

* If you want to try some other ideas or techniques out, make more prints from either or both negatives. Post on APUG.

* Exchange prints. I originally didn't propose this, so I don't want to add it to the"requirement". I do think seeing the prints in person can show so much more than a scan on a monitor can, but it will take longer to pass the prints around. If you would like to see the prints in person, send them to me after they is posted on APUG. When I collect the ones of people who want to do this part, I'll make a list of all the senders and start the prints on their way around the list. I'll PM my address to all participants, and it should also be on the envelopes.
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think the print exchange would be a great idea. Once all posted we could send them all to Jon. He could then send them all to the first person and they could go around to everyone. I personally would like to see them all as a collection. That's a great idea.

What do you all think?

Images
    >>>I personally would like to see them all as a collection. That's a great idea. What do you all think?<<<

I agree.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree too. Should not cost much each to send on to next person (hopefully). I volunteer to pay Jon's costs to send the initial collection seeing as he's been so good as to organise this and get it going.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also agree, scanned images are a great representation of the original, but nothing beats holding them in your hands. I do agree with Jon however, that it shouldn't be a requirement or a necessity of this exchange.

Jon if you need any help with this just shout, I'm more than happy to lend a hand.

Keeds.. lovely gesture, on behalf of the rest of us, thank you

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    I also agree, scanned images are a great representation of the original, but nothing beats holding them in your hands. I do agree with Jon however, that it shouldn't be a requirement or a necessity of this exchange.

Jon if you need any help with this just shout, I'm more than happy to lend a hand.

Keeds.. lovely gesture, on behalf of the rest of us, thank you

Síle
    Keeds, thank you for the offer. I think my reward will be that I get to see all the prints together before anyone else

Thank you too Síle. I believe that most of my work (besides actually making prints) is done. If there comes a point where I can share the effort, I will take you up on your kind offer.
    Jonathan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Largest print size

I found a nice box (free, courtesy of the U.S. postal service) that will allow prints of up to 12x15 inches/(30x38cm).

I don't think I am going to make prints that large, but the shipping costs shouldn't be any higher when compared to a box that can fit just 8x10 inch/18x24cm prints, so we might as well have that option too.
    Jonathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well the negs arrived down under, just in time for a quick foray over Easter in the darkroom. I'll make a quick print off of each, then decide what to do in a weeks time.

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I took a shot at the bucket negative and I made some OK proof prints, but nothing I was happy with. For some reason, I feel really free to interpret this in anyway I want to.....do something out of my normal bag of tricks........lith, toning, high key, low key. Maybe I'll even try to make a copy neg for platinum or bromoil.....never tried making a copy neg or bromoil. This might take a while (:

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin