Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,104   Online: 890

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I am a newbie and I would like suggestions on sending the prints back to Jon. I know they will be traveling around the world and being handled. Should I mount or mat them? Leave them loose? Photo corners? Thanks for any suggestions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is some discussion on this in the print exchange threads, but the consensus has been that unmounted prints do best. Use a padded mailer larger than the print. Put the print in a plastic sleeve then tape the sleeve/print on the center of a piece of mat board or foamcore board the size of the mailer. A border of 1 to 2 inches on each side seems to work. I've received and sent prints overseas this way, and they do fine.

Barry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Jon,

Mr. Postman brought me a negative and a half today! One neg was cut in two. Not to worry. One is enough and I'll print the one. Thanks so much, Jon!

Gene

[QUOTE=Jon King;608244]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene_Laughter View Post
    ... If you still have a set of negs, and it's not too late, I would love to give it a shot using the bromoil process.
    /quote]

Gene,

I have two sets left - one will be in the mail to you today!

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene_Laughter View Post
    Jon,

Mr. Postman brought me a negative and a half today! One neg was cut in two. Not to worry. One is enough and I'll print the one. Thanks so much, Jon!

Gene
    Gene:

My two negatives came to me, one on each side of a card.

Have you checked the back?

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Duh, just checked the back, after reading your post. Another negative is there! Is there an extra seat in the rear of the class?

Sorry, Jon!

Gene

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Gene,
    There are plenty of seats in the back near me
    I am amazed that I actually seem to have sent 2 different negatives to each person, not two copies of one, or just one. Will wonders never cease??
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [
    Jon,

What's the next step after we have the print(s) completed? I gather we are to post to "the Gallery" after April 11. My one bromoil print will probably be a week or two later than this. Which APUG Gallery? I normally post images to the Standard Gallery. Others may prefer to post to different galleries. It might help if they all go up in the same gallery so that we can readily find these images. Maybe I missed this in a cursory read of the instructions?

Thanks for all your work on this project!

Gene

QUOTE=Jon King;601248]All the negatives are in the mail!!

There have been a few questions about rules/restrictions, so I'll try to put them all in one place. I'm not one for hard and fast rules, particularly in an exchange where the point is not to constrain our printing ideas!
    • Each envelope contains two negatives. Print one, print both, print them one way ,print them many ways. Use any techniques you want. FB/RC, silver gelatin, alternative processes... etc.
    • Please do NOT post them on APUG until say, April 11? That time will give us all a few weeks to get into the darkroom and try a few things out without the temptation of looking to see what others might be doing! If you can't post until later, that is fine.
    • Scan the end print, and post one, post all. It would be great if you can describe what your goal was, and how you got the print there.
    If you can't scan the prints, you can send them to me and I will be happy to scan them.
    • As a separate effort from scanning and posting, I'd like to try to exchange the prints. Posting a scan will ensure that we all see a version of our results, but there is nothing like holding the real thing.
    If you want to see the prints in person, send me a print for the 'collection', and we can send them around the group.
    If I didn't think of something, let me know and let's figure it out.[/QUOTE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received my negatives yesterday. I think Jon is trying to set up a separate gallery for this, like the 'Monthly Shooting Assignments'.

I doubt I'll have prints by the 11th, but I'll try.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It seems like I'll be sitting out here on the oilrig until some time after the 11th.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Gene,

I hope to have a seperate sub-gallery for the prints, so they all can be accessed in one location. I sent a message to Sean a day or so ago, and hope to hear from him shortly. In the mean time, I need to print my prints, as my class photos got done last week, not these!
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin