Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,664   Posts: 1,481,684   Online: 779

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Whew - I got home rather suddenly today, but may be going back out in less than a week. Or more...

I'd better get to printing!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well. I've printed one. Just have to think what I want to do with the other.
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Well, I also printed one of them and the interesting experience was, that it is very different to print other peoples negatives compared to printing my own and it is very difficult to me. So I am pretty much disappointed with what I produced. I may get a second chance before April 11. The print is on my desk and I look at it every day ...

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I tried to print on of them at least 3 different ways. I'll probably post what I have on April 11, but I'm still not happy. It is amazingly hard to print someone elses negative.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I printed these negatives again last night. I have one version that I think is reasonable.

If you think it is tough printing someone else's negative, try printing one that you took and others are printing too!! I feel that since I shot the negatives, I should try to print both, so I will try the other one next time I'm in the darkroom.

I hope to have one place on APUG to put all the scans. I have a message into Sean, several days ago, asking him to make a separate gallery for these prints. If I don't hear from him today, I'll ask the moderators too, I guess. Somehow we'll have a spot.
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Asking the moderators doesn't really help, since only Sean can set up new sub-galleries.

I know, because I've tried.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    Asking the moderators doesn't really help (snip)
    Ole, I'm shocked!!

Based on reading some threads, I thought you moderators were all powerful and all knowing ... oh, I forgot sinister .

I sent a 2nd request/reminder to Sean...
    Jonathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found time to print one of the negs the other day, the one with the water and the bridge in the background. Not sure about my achievements yet... I'll keep trying. It's the kind of subject matter I would normally try to print fairly straight, but I'm trying to do something special with it. That's all I can reveal, or Jon said he's beat me with his cable release.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm looking forward to seeing the results from this. I would have gotten in but I've been to busy with printing for a show I have coming up along the usual other stuff. Hopefully the next one if you do it again.
    It was fun doing one of Sexton's.

Jerry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ok, it's the 11th, so the cable release is back on the camera I haven't heard from Sean about making a separate gallery area, so our choices seem to be post them in the thread or in our own galleries. I tried to post into the general "Member Organized Function" area, but it doesn't allow postings. I'll post mine here.

I made the first prints from the negatives after I had sent the initial group out, so I didn't have any more time to look at them than anyone else. The first night I just made a quick 8x10 'work print' of each - I often find it easier to look at cropping choices on a print rather than a negative.

This print is my third choice on the sap bucket negative. It is printed on Kentmere Fineprint FB glossy paper. I selenium toned it, which had more of an impact than selenium does on my more commonly used Ilford Multigrade.

I plan to spend some time in the next week printing the Covered Bridge/River picture and I'll post that when it is done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sap bucket_1.jpg  
    Jonathan

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin