Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,731   Online: 846

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Let's all print one negative

The idea of a negative exchange was brought up in a thread a week or so ago. I thought it sounded like a great idea - I've enjoyed several rounds of the Postcard exchange and I have a photo on one of the 'Shoot one camera' cameras. I also read old threads where this idea was proposed and saw some of the difficulties in getting it started.

I'm too impatient to be at the end of a list of people sharing one negative, so I thought I'd kick start things by providing some negatives. I went out last weekend and shot a 35mm roll each of two scenes - I developed them last night. I tried to compose both so that there are possibilities (for me at least) to make some variety in a print by dodging, burning, and cropping. If people want, I'll post negative scans and other details to give you an idea of what is on the negatives - I haven't printed them yet.

The rules? How about this? I'll make a list of interested people - respond here or PM me. I'll send a negative of each scene to each list member. Print one, print both, once or in many different ways. Silver prints, alternative processes, "distress" the negative, whatever.

Post it in the Gallery. Once we get a list of people, perhaps Sean could make a separate gallery for this, as there is for the Postcard Exchange and the Monthly shooting assignment.

I think it would be great to get all the prints together and be able to pass them around and/or display them somewhere, but I'm sure we can figure something out later.

Thoughts??
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Jon,

Post the two scenes so we can see. I'm in....

Brian
    Last edited by brian steinberger; 03-04-2008 at 08:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jon,

Great stuff. I'll join.

Cheers
    Pete H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll join too! Sounds like fun.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    Jon,

Post the the two scenes see we can see. I'm in....

Brian
    Probably better to not post them. I did this with one of John Sextons workshops. Before the workshop he each student the same scene to print for the workshop. The ideas was to see how everybody interpereted the scene. We had no idea what scene he was sending us. The different interperetations were incredible.
    If you get a preview now you'll get a preconceived idea of how the scene looks.
    Just my opinion though.

Jerry

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Basierbe View Post
    Probably better to not post them. I did this with one of John Sextons workshops. Before the workshop he each student the same scene to print for the workshop. The ideas was to see how everybody interpereted the scene. We had no idea what scene he was sending us. The different interperetations were incredible.
    Just my opinion though.

Jerry

Good Point Jerry... Never thought of it this way.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Basierbe View Post
    We had no idea what scene he was sending us. The different interperetations were incredible.
    Just my opinion though.

Jerry
    Jerry, that is a very good point. You sold me on the idea. At the same time, I did offer it, so if anyone wants a low res neg scan, PM me. That way only people who don't want to be surprised will see them.
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No! No peeking! The neg must be interpreted freely!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds interesting!
    I'll go for it

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been following this in another thread and loved the idea from the outset ... So count me in!

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin