Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,960   Online: 785

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If we are going to use 1 neg and let it travel around, then I can shoot 1 35mm, 1 MF and 1 4x5 of the same scene. All three will travel together and you can choose which one you want to use. I will use the same film, same filters if any and same developing chemicals to try and get them as equivalent as possible. I think this could be a lot of fun.

If your interested email me your info:

Name
    Address
    email address
    board name

to eric.rose@shaw.ca
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Count me in.

We do this at our camera club once every so often. Someone shoots the multiple negs of the scene and hands them out, then we display our interpretations at a club night.

I agree it should be 35mm
    I like the idea of everyone getting the neg, then mailing their print back to Eric (or whoever is the round organiser) who then sends around the group. I wouldn't like to see other peoples prints before doing mine. With unmounted prints, postage won't be to much.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Either way is fine by me. Eric, you can take my address from the postcard list.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    We need to do a vote but I don't know how to start one up on this thread.
    the options would be:
    -1 neg, circulated (multiple formats)
    -or multiple negs sent out at once (all 35mm in this case)

if anyone knows how to start a vote thing please do.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like David's idea of making it like the traveling portfolio. have a single negative either 35mm or other formats. I don't think they would have to be the same image if we have more than one format. We would still get a good cross section of 35, medium and LF for each negative.

An interesting adjunct to this idea could go along with the print exchange. For example, David and I exchange negatives. Format doesn't really matter as long as the other person has the ability to print from the neg he is sent. We both make prints of the others neg, and then send back the print. Now you have an interpretation of how someone else would print your negative.

But I especially like the idea of a group printing from one negative.

As long as we are talking about exchanging negatives, another idea would be for a couple of us to provide one or two 5x7, 8x10 or larger negatives to be "loaned out". It would give some members an opportunity to experiment with contact printing a larger negative without having to have the expense of the camera. I would be willing to go out and expose a couple of 8x10 negatives and they along with some from others could circulate among anyone interested.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My darkroom's set up for anything from Minox to 5x7", I'd be happy to provide some 9x12cm, 4x5" or 5x7" negatives to play with.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BTW, our club calls our event "Interpreting the Negative"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ok everyone I am back in town. I knew ya missed me.

So what I will do is email Sean and get a page put up similar to the names and addresses page for the postcard exchange and also email people the names of all the participants. Updated as necessary.

Once I get back from the Barnbaum course I will go out and take a shot with my 35, MF and 4x5 of the same scene. It appears the voting supports this approach. This will be sent to the first person on the list. I will do it alphabetically at the time of initial creation. People who join later will be added onto the end of the list.

I thought of trying to layout the distribution list based on proximity, but in todays screwed up postal world it really doesn't matter if your across the country or around the corner. It all gets delayed somehow.

I'm really excited about this project. Please register with me asap so I can get it all organized prior to leaving town on Friday.

Thanks everyone.

Eric

eric.rose@shaw.ca
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Images
    Eric, I just PM'd yopu my info. I just want to make one last plea for dupe negs. These negs are going to see a lot of handling and will most likely end up scratched and / or dirty at some point. Ok, plea over...
    hi!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin