Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,745   Online: 1108

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I thought it would be really exciting to see how we all interpret the same negative. We all see our world a bit differently, what a great opportunity to collaborate and see how individual we all really are.

Ok everyone, here is the condensed version of what is going to happen.

1. During the first week of July I will produce 3 B&W negatives of the same scene. These negatives will be 1-35mm, 1-MF and 1-LF (4x5).
    2. From the compiled list of participants (see below) I will mail this set of negs to the first person on the list.
    3. This person will make one print (8x10 or smaller) from whichever negative suits them and then sends this print along with the 3 negatives to the next person on the list. The process then repeats itself etc etc.
    4. Once the negatives make their way around the group once then person number one will produce a set of negs (if they like) and keep the circle going.
    5. I will be the keeper of the list and will add people as they email me. As in the postcard exchange new lists will be emailed out as necessary.

To register please email me at eric.rose@shaw.ca

Thanks,

Eric
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Images
    Any progress on this project?
    hi!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have taken the pictures. Geez it's hard to take something that allows people a lot of room for interpretation. On top of that all the smoke in the air here has really put a damper on landscape stuff.

I will be getting into the darkroom soon to develop these little gems and then getting the distribution list set up. I figure this is a good project to start in September once the heat, summer holidays etc are over for everyone.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

This is probably so painfully obvious it hurts but...

When I need a printing challenge I'll dig out my various negs taken from our lakefront. The simple combination of elements - water, treeline, lots of sky - makes for a good variety of printing choices, from simple and straightforward when the lighting was good to extremes in burning and split-filtration for frames taken under dull, flat or too-even lighting.

Even if I throw in the dock as part of the foreground subject matter I don't need to spend time cutting out complicated masks for dodging and burning.

Our lakefront has become one of my standard subjects any time I'm testing a new film, developer or combination of factors.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    fyi-I'll be setting up a page for this soon.

Images
    I'm still interested in this project. Has it died, did I miss it, or is it just sleeping?
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm still interested too, if it's happening.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [size=6][/size]Eric where are the negs? We talked about this just before Christmas.[size=3][/size]

Images
    Nice use of text formatting Aggie!
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    see old dogs can learn new tricks!
    Non Digital Diva

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin