Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,351   Online: 820

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If June, I'm in.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Osgood View Post
    If June, I'm in.
    I'd like to do a tour in June and then one later in the season. I need to confirm it with the park, but right now my only options in June are the 8th or the 29th. 8th is short notice, and only the second weekend of the season so that might not be doable. I'll update again once I have a firm date.

Once I have the details, I'll post them along with the e-mail address to reserve a spot.

One consideration, when coming with big camera gear, is that cars are not allowed on the island, and parking can be difficult (or expensive if not available on street) in the area since it's right near South Street Seaport. On the other hand, access via public transportation is pretty good (the ferry terminal to the island is right next to the Staten Island Ferry Terminal by the Battery.

Dan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The 29th would be great for me. No problem for me to get to the Seaport by subway.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Either date works for me.
    Arthur

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The 29th works better for me, planning-wise, but remember that weekend is a big tourist weekend (NY Pride) and rooms for folks from out of town may be hard to come by/ more expensive.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Prefer the 29th also.

Alex W.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'M IN FOR THE 29TH.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ummm .... Are those of us less endowed allowed to play too?

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I know it's short notice but is anyone up for an informal* tour on Sunday June 8th at 12:00? Ferries from Manhattan leave every hour on the hour (promptly) and return on the half hour. So, we would meet up on the island at around 12:15. Tour would run around 1-2 hours depending on everyone's interest but since the island is open on Sunday, you can drop off at any point and wander on your own and catch any ferry back to Manhattan (ferry is free, tickets not required, but sometimes there can be a very long line and/or a full boat but that's usually on a special event weekend). I'm going to limit this tour to around 15 analog photographers only (any format). Please PM me if you are planning to attend so I can reserve you a spot.

Dan

*I haven't been to Governors Island yet this year, and haven't done a tour since last October so I'm going to be rusty on the facts/history. I'm planning on using Sunday to get ideas of what would be of interest to more serious photographers (those who aren't taking their photos with a cell phone for instance) so I can refine the tour route for the future.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Anyone interested for a tour on the 8th? I'm about to send a write-up to my NPS contact to go on their website but I may not bother if there's no interest.

Thanks,
    Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin