Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,735   Online: 856

Shooter
    Large Format
    Last minute details have just been mailed out. So far more than 30 people are attending for sure. With an additional 60 plus people having responded this looks like one of the biggest workshops of the year!
    If you have not received your info or if you want to come but have not responded, PLEASE email me right away! After Wednesday I will be unable to answer email!

volquartz@volquartz.com

This will be a great event with this many people participating. It will also be a great place to look at a lot of equipment, all the way up to ULF cameras and lenses. - AND have a great time, learn a lot from one another, and hopefully shoot a few good shots!

So, pack your gear and come to Mt. Shasta!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sounds great Aggie, what did you learn? BTW, did that 60 bottles of wine have corks or screw on caps? enquiring minds want to drink...wait...know!

lee\c

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Just got back from this workshop. I left a day early, not due to the information or the fun, but running out of migraine meds.
    ... Besides the USA distributor for Durst is Danish, need I say more about quality people?
    Just out of curiousity, Aggie, what type of migraine are you afflicted with? I have noticed an unusual incidence of "Opthalamic" (sp?) migraines among those I am involved with in "Fine Art" photography. Must go along with the territory. Usually these manifest themselves as the first part, or "aura" of a classic migraine. Fifteen minutes or so of visual disturbances -- and all then returns to normal. I visited my physician - he said he could prescribe Imitrex, which at $80 a shot would probably take twenty minutes or so to work.

Have you identified a "trigger"? Mine seems to be anything containing aspertane (NutriSweet). I know a marvelous Fine Art photographer who is triggered by orange or lemon peel oils ... all she has to do is strip the peel of an orange with her fingernails, and she will be out of commision for a day or more, with a full-blown classic migraine.

Back to the topic... Count me in as a subscriber as well. I think you could find enough **First Rate** material in the "Travelling Portfolio" to "do" the first - or a couple of - editions.

As for the Danes - an *intersting* article could be the "Spiral Steeple" archetechture in Copenhaven.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach
    As for the Danes - an *intersting* article could be the "Spiral Steeple" archetechture in Copenhaven.
    Have we got any Danes here? Except Per?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    I have the classic migraines. ... I hate drugs and I hate scapels. it is the matter of what I am willing to live with.
    Sheesh!! And I was feeling sorry for myself when I had to pull to the side of the road and wait one of these things out for fifteen minutes or so ... once every two or three months.

I have been "into" herbology lately - and I haven't had an Opthalamic Migraine for a long time, come to think of it. I've been using two spices on my food: turmeric and sage.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Aggie, I don't think this is any help but I'm gonna throw it out here. My wife had migranes every month for years and every month they would get worse lasting a day and a 1/2 to 2 days docters tried everything(drugs) nothing worked and it was always that time of the month. We discovered 2 things that have virtually eliminated here migranes and their so simple lots of iron laden vegetables and cooked lentals, the other thing if interested we can pm each other. Karen had these horrible migranes for 18 years every month. now, she's had 1 miner one this year. She now eats spinach in everything on everything every day~!!! It's Magic
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin