Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,870   Online: 977

View Poll Results: Would you participate in a Kodachrome Slide Exchange

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 65.52%
  • No

10 34.48%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Art,
    Sounds like a gr8 idea but...to me it would be like giving your negatives away. With a print exchange at least you get to keep the soul of the image, the negative, but a slide exchange you'll be left with only the memory of what you shot. But on the other hand such an exchange would be substantially more significant, more meaningful.

Terry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in.

I assume you are talking about a single slide, rather than a group exchange,.

Should be a bit cheaper to mail, as compared to the postcard and group exchanges .

If anyone has a 6x6 or 6x4.5 Kodachrome slide they'd like to contribute to this, I've got a new (to me) medium format projector to try it out on .

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I see it as being like the Polaroid exchange--you're giving away a one-of-a-kind work, and it is what it is. For the Polaroid Exchange I shot a series of 9 8x10" Polaroids, kept one for myself, and put one in the APUG Traveling Portfolio. This is even easier, because the film is cheap. I figure I'll just do one of my normal birding days, where I usually shoot around six rolls of film--maybe for this I'll shoot a bit more, but not by much--and for any good shot, I usually have a number of similar shots, and those are what I'll send out.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ditto what David said.

Do they still make Kodachrome in 120 rolls? I don't think so. I brought this idea up with the assumption that every participant would shoot 35mm.

Terry, I hear ya. Suck it up though and if you love Kodachrome, you'll set it free!

Looks like there may be a decent particpant list. OK keep signing up here and I will organize. How about we have to the end of October to sign up and I will make up the groups.

So far I have:
    1. gr82bart
    2. David A. Goldfarb
    3. MattKing
    4. Iwagoshi
    5. geoferrell
    6. bdial
    7. kodachrome64
    8. SteveSmith
    9. reelis67
    10. Kraker
    11. Ken Nadvornick
    12. Stan160

Also, I will call Dwayne's tomorrow and tell them about this exchange and see if they're willing to give us a discount or something on processing.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    So far I have:
    1. gr82bart
    2. David A. Goldfarb
    3. MattKing
    4. Iwagoshi
    5. geoferrell
    6. bdial
    7. kodachrome64
    8. SteveSmith
    9. reelis67
    10. Kraker
    11. Ken Nadvornick
    12. Stan160
    Hmm... I see 10 individuals responded positively to the poll...

Ken

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I'm in.

I assume you are talking about a single slide, rather than a group exchange,.

Should be a bit cheaper to mail, as compared to the postcard and group exchanges .

Matt
    Hm, that's not what I assumed. Art, enlighten us... My thought was: if 36 people sign up (and we don't make groups), then I can shoot one roll of K64 (assuming all shots will be worth to look at, ahum...), send 35 slides to 35 participants and keep the 36th for myself.

If it's only one slide that I have to send and only one that I will receive, then I doubt whether I would participate.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would be a group exchange people. It wouldn't be just 1 slide and I doubt it would be 35 slides too. Somewhere closer to 4 or 5 slides probably.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone know if you can get Kodachrome processed without mounting? Are XPan or Mamiya 7 35mm pano's of any use in this exchange?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Keeds, as far as I remember the process-paid envelopes that come with the film sold in Europe don't offer any options regarding mounted/unmounted or scanning to CD. Maybe if you sent direct to Dwaynes, but that would involve paying twice for processing or buying the film from the US.

Incidentally, Art, have you thought of announcing this exchange on the forums at http://www.kodachromeproject.com ? Probably a lot of user overlap between there and APUG, but it might interest a few more participants.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Most mailers have a place for special instructions, and I think if you just wrote "do not cut," they should be able to accommodate you. It's not such an unusual request, since there are others shooting 35mm panoramic formats and some prefer unmounted transparencies both for enlarging and scanning.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin