Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,967   Posts: 1,523,386   Online: 1151

View Poll Results: Would you participate in a Kodachrome Slide Exchange

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 65.52%
  • No

10 34.48%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Hi Michael,

I keep forgetting that not everyone understands how a group exchange works. Here goes ....
    1. I asks people to to participate in a group exchange
    2. People sign up in this thread by October 31
    3. People shoot Kodachrome and get it developed
    4. I place people into groups of 5 or 6 people
    5. Participants in each group send a private message (PM) to each other their real names and mailing address
    6. Participants in each group mail each other member of their group a slide (or two) by November 30
    7. Everyone enjoys the slides they recieve from other members of their group
    8. Everyone post messages in this thread how exciting and wonderful the slides they recieve are abd that we should do this again
    9. It's Christmas!
    Hope that explains.

Regards, Art.

OK, I'll go in for that.

Michael
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting, I think someone might have fun looking at an XPan slide..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    David,

What an awesome ad!

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, my 10 boxes of Kodachrome 64 have turned up. Just need to find a 35mm camera to shot some on. Looking at a either an Oly XA3 or an Oly 'mju' II...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    K-64 is backordered at Freestyle and B&H, but they say more is on the way in a few days, so I've got 8 rolls on the way. PKR is in stock, though.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm afraid I'm with Terry on this one. I would never give away an original. But it is a pretty cool idea for those that don't mind.

- Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Iwagoshi View Post
    Art,
    Sounds like a gr8 idea but...to me it would be like giving your negatives away. With a print exchange at least you get to keep the soul of the image, the negative, but a slide exchange you'll be left with only the memory of what you shot. But on the other hand such an exchange would be substantially more significant, more meaningful.

Terry
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is excellent timing - I'm just working my way through my first 3 rolls ever of Kodachrome, and I'd be keen to participate, so I'll have to get cranking and get these developed by the deadline, but count me in (as a new member here, I should add.. If you'll have me :-)

I am just randomly shooting anything I find as I have no idea what will look good and what will look awful on this film, so no guarantees on artistic merit!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I'm afraid I'm with Terry on this one. I would never give away an original. But it is a pretty cool idea for those that don't mind.

- Thomas
    Well, I wouldn't give away an original that I have already shot. But shooting a few rolls of Kodachrome *knowing* that you will give away (well, swap) some of the shots... That just means taking some shots twice, so that you can give away one original and keep another... At least, that's how I see it.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Well, I wouldn't give away an original that I have already shot. But shooting a few rolls of Kodachrome *knowing* that you will give away (well, swap) some of the shots... That just means taking some shots twice, so that you can give away one original and keep another... At least, that's how I see it.
    I agree that I'd be shooting specifically for the exchange, so it isn't like I wouldn't know what's happening.

There is also the point that my work isn't really valuable either. It isn't like I'd be giving away a future Rembrandt. Certainly I would try to make it the the best I could; I would not purposely hold back. But I don't really think anyone is ever going to find a Kodachrome slide by me in an old trunk and sell it for big bucks while my estate goes lacking. It's also pretty unlikely that National Geographic would be knocking on my door asking for the one slide I gave away in an exchange.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Whaddayaallsay? Thoughts and feedback first. If there's enough positive feedback, then I can organize it too. Use the poll option - no fence sitters.

Regards, Art.

Art,
    I'm off the fence, count me in. I just bought a couple fresh rolls of K64, now if can only remember where I put those old pre-paid processing envelopes.

Terry

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin