Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,842   Posts: 1,582,617   Online: 1085

View Poll Results: Would you participate in a Kodachrome Slide Exchange

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 65.52%
  • No

10 34.48%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    4 WEEKS??!!
    That's what the local shop said the turn around time will be. Anyway, I'm in the que and expect to get my slides back around Thanksgiving.

Terry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwagoshi View Post
    4 WEEKS??!!
    That's what the local shop said the turn around time will be.
    Depending on the price delta, you might look into sending directly to Dwayne's. I'm located in western Washington state and get mine back in five days. If I can get them out on a Monday (as I did this morning with my latest batch), I receive them back on the following Saturday.

Ken

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Depending on the price delta, you might look into sending directly to Dwayne's. I'm located in western Washington state and get mine back in five days. If I can get them out on a Monday (as I did this morning with my latest batch), I receive them back on the following Saturday.

Ken

Ken,

That's my next approach, go directly to Dwayne's and cut out the middle man. I just googled "Dwayne's" and got their address.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Upon reading the two previous posts: Whatwhatwhat? Did we start already? I know I didn't...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, if "Participants in each group mail each other member of their group a slide (or two) by November 30" with a 4 week processing turn around, I have about another week of shooting, no time for waiting around. Also the weather/light has been great for K64.
    Last edited by Iwagoshi; 10-27-2008 at 03:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Do we have groups yet, so we will know how many slides to produce?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Sounds interesting but no idea how it will work. Fortunately somebody will know I'm sure. First started with Kodachrome II 10 asa then went onto Kodachrome II 25 asa then latterly Kodachrome 64 asa. All those packages to and from Hemel Hempstead. Now I gather it goes to the States. This is a good website by the way it did not flag up Hemel Hempstead as a mis-spell- how about that.

Currently have HP5 and FP4 loaded in my 2 M6's with a few rolls of Kodachrome 64 languishing in the freezer but no problem I have 20 Leitz stacking boxes full of slides
    Last edited by kennethcooke; 10-27-2008 at 04:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Sharpness is a Bourgeois Concept"-H.Cartier-Bresson

Regards Kenneth

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Upon reading the two previous posts: Whatwhatwhat? Did we start already? I know I didn't...
    No, I haven't started yet either. As David pointed out, I wouldn't know yet how many times to press the button.

These were just my own autumn colors test slides. I had previously exposed and sent a calibration roll for the camera/meter combination I intend to use. Then I tried some fall colors at my chosen setting to see how they looked.

It's been a while since I used Kodachrome in any sort of volume. And never with this particular camera and meter.

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, OK, settle down people, it ain't the end of the month yet. So far we have ...
    1. gr82bart
    2. David A. Goldfarb
    3. MattKing
    4. Iwagoshi
    5. geoferrell
    6. bdial
    7. kodachrome64
    8. SteveSmith
    9. reelis67
    10. Kraker
    11. Ken Nadvornick
    12. PKM-25 <-- need positive confirmation that you are in
    13. Keeds
    14. kennethcooke <-- are you in the exchange?
    15. Stan160
    16. Chris Nielsen
    Ok people just a few more days to sign up. If the list doesn't grow we can have 4 groups of 4 or 2 groups of 8 or 3 groups of 6 (I will sign myself up for every group). Up to you guys.

Regardds, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Art:

Groups of 4 would make sense for me - since this idea came up I've been shooting 2 or 3 of everything with that in mind.

And I sure hope Daniel (PKM-25) is in - after all, even after selling me 20 rolls, he certainly has the film! .

Matt

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin