Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,811   Online: 865

View Poll Results: Would you participate in a Kodachrome Slide Exchange

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 65.52%
  • No

10 34.48%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sorry I missed all this, it might have been fun, but I just joined here last week..... I am a kodachrome shooter exclusively, well exclusively for my underwater work..... I do shoot other film for other reasons usually in air though....

As for unmounted slides (which is how I handle my film) just mark whatever you send, how every you send it as 'Do not mount' and or 'Do not cut' you will get the film back in a long strip that you can cut.... last week mine came back from Dwayne's in 8 days (via Kodak's PK 36's) and was placed inside a cardboard tube rolled up in paper. I never mount my slides because it's easier for me to make better cibachrome prints from the unmounted slides than a mounted one (too much film curve).

As for 120 kodachrome, someone is selling bricks of 10 on ePay..... but you can't get them processed any more.... to bad as I have 10 around here somewhere too.....

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Groups 1 and 3

Okay, I will know in 2 or 3 weeks if I'm ready to send some Kodachromes. In other words: I've put my roll of K64 in the mail today (which was more of a hassle than expected: normally, the Kodak mailer fits in any postbox. Normally, the postal services make the drop-in opening smaller near the end of the year to avoid damage due to people throwing in fireworks. For some reason, this year, the conversion started earlier than I anticipated... Well, I guess a trip to the post office is better than losing my roll of film to fireworks ).

P.S.: reelis67 and Keeds, could you PM your address information to the people in group 3?

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Hi Guys,

...Have fun and don't forget to scan your slides and post them in the gallery to show all.

Regards, Art.
    Art,

Is there a special gallery where we should post our slides, and you forgot to tell me, or are we all just being shy and not posting, with exception to Steve Smith?

If it's the later, please Art, as the OP lead off and we will follow.

Terry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Terry,

So sorry, I have been traveling, working, vacationing, and making prints; only come on APUG to 'post and run' for few minutes at a time. There is no special gallery for this exchange. I will ask Sean and mods to create an 'Exchange Gallery' where pics from every APUG Exchange - postcards, prints, polaroids, etc... can be posted. In the meantime, you can always make a post in this thread and add a pics as attachments. Hope that helps.

BTW to my group, I just finished my roll and will be sending it off to Dwayne's. Hmmm ... I just remembered I left a message at Dwayne's about this exchange to get a discount or something. That was a coiuple months ago. They never got back to me. I'll follow up, but I think it's too late. Sorry about that folks. I was hoping maybe to get a discount or something for us.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan160 View Post
    An email from Kodak Lausanne arrived today - the missing film was logged into their system yesterday.
    I just read about your situation. I hope they find it!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Group 3

Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Okay, I will know in 2 or 3 weeks if I'm ready to send some Kodachromes.
    P.S.: reelis67 and Keeds, could you PM your address information to the people in group 3?
    My transparancies are back from Dwayne's. My shipping materials are assembled. I now have three finished packages ready and waiting to send, but only one address ("kraker") to send them to...

Kraker's package will ship on Monday, December 8th from Washington State, USA to The Netherlands. I will post a scan shortly thereafter.

Ken

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My update.

I'm in the process of scanning the slides--tricky little bastards. Hopefully I will be able to send them off the early part of next week.

Terry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got mine back, in the middle of our ice storm recovery. I should get them sent off later this week.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine (also) arrived back from their Lausanne-Parsons-Lausanne trip. I have to take a good look at them and make a selection of what to send. (Like all, I have more slides than people in my groups.)

I'm a bit hesitant to send them out in the middle of the busiest time for the postal services, though... :rolleyes: Anyway, I'll at least make the selection and prepare them for sending.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Slides for two of my three group members (Group 3: 'kraker' and 'keeds') actually went out on Dec 12th. I had originally sent them on the 8th, but messed up the customs paperwork, so they came back.

I never received an address from the third member...

Ken

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin