Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,219   Online: 864

View Poll Results: Would you participate in a Kodachrome Slide Exchange

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 65.52%
  • No

10 34.48%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Terry:

Thanks - does it appear to have survived the mail?

Matt
    Not a scratch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow - kraker's slide arrived yesterday here on the West Coast of British Columbia, Canada - that was fast!
    And you returned the favour on the very same day! Received your slides(!) yesterday. I just took a quick look, they look great! The boat scene and a slide with a prominent tree that seems to have just the right colour for Kodachrome . But, as others said, I hope to get the projector set up soon to appreciate them in full! Thanks, Matt, for the surprise.

For the others receiving a slide from kraker - they are very securely wrapped in unmarked protective packaging. Until I figured out how to peel the central packaging apart, I thought for a bit that I hadn't received a slide at all (just a protective stiffening board in a bubble envelope. However perseverance paid off .
    Hm, yes, sorry about that, hope it didn't cause too much confusion. I really wanted to send them out, so I didn't include any details, didn't write anything, really... So, good that you mention this for the others. I will post some details on the slides themselves in this thread later on.

The difference between various postal services was a bit odd to me. The slides I received so far (from US and Canada) all had packaging with instructions and declarations for customs etc. etc.; it seems that I don't need to complete any forms for sending mine. Isn't that easy?

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow - kraker's slide arrived yesterday here on the West Coast of British Columbia, Canada - that was fast!
    I, too, received kraker's slide just today in the Pacific Northwest corner (Seattle area) of the USA, south of Matt. I suspect his package got to me far quicker than mine got to him in December.

I don't own a slide projecter, so it's a light box and a loupe for me. A very nicely done close-up floral subject. Pleasant and peaceful. Excellent and very much worth the wait. Thanks, kraker.

This is kind of fun. Hope you guys want to do it again.

Ken

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Matt's arrived today. Nice job of nailing the exposure on the sunset!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Group 1:
    kraker
    David A. Goldfarb
    Iwagoshi

My slides are in the mail!
    Hope you like them.

Matt
    Group 1 my slides went out Monday the 26th.

Matt,
    The Autumn colors are very nice.

kraker,
    Again the Autumn color is nice, I love irony, but I thought McDonalds was Irish not Dutch.

Terry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I got a whole page of slides from Terry today! Nice stuff.

Still haven't gotten the right combination of availability and weather for good birding yet. It may have to wait until spring migration in a couple of months, but I can usually count on some good color then.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    I got a whole page of slides from Terry today! Nice stuff.
    Sorry, it's been a busy, busy week. I, too, received a whole set of slides from Terry earlier this week. Great stuff!

Makes me feel a bit... cheap. Well, the objective of the exchange was to exchange one slide each, but then again, I could have popped in a few more than one just as easily...

Anyway, crying over spilt milk left aside, this is just a GREAT exchange, and Terry, your contribution is highly valued.

Now excuse me while I go move the slides from a magazine of 36 to a magazine of 50...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too got a whole page of slides from Terry - in my case on Friday. I too felt a bit "unworthy", but I appreciate the slides anyways.

So far I've only been able to look at them by holding them up to the light, but they look great. A more detailed comment will follow.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Guys,
    I'm glad that you got the slides. As far as the quantity, well it just felt a bit odd to send each of you one slide out of two rolls of 36. It's not like I slaved away in the darkroom to produce a print, Dwayne did the heavy lifting. Plus it gave me a chance to show off some of the local color. The slides most valuable to me are the graffiti, I can re-shot the others but "they" have since fenced off this particular area of graffiti. To the Street this particular area is sacred ground, an adhoc memorial to the artist that was killed. Now its fate is in limbo, most likely a victim to redevelopment.

Terry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I received three from B Dial yesterday. Haven'y had time to project them yet though. Thanks.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin