Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,883   Online: 953

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, I didn't phrase my question very well ;-) I've not shot any nudes before so it would be a learning curve for me. A lot of Ian Leake's images (which I admire) are more about the naked form and don't include the "naughty" bits as it were. That's where the how nude is nude question was coming from. Does that make it any clearer?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keeds View Post
    Ok, I didn't phrase my question very well ;-) I've not shot any nudes before so it would be a learning curve for me. A lot of Ian Leake's images (which I admire) are more about the naked form and don't include the "naughty" bits as it were. That's where the how nude is nude question was coming from. Does that make it any clearer?
    Firstly thanks, and secondly sorry for not taking your question seriously (I blame Art - he's a bad influence - bad Art!).

In my opinion (which is just another opinion of course), nudes are just that - nude. Partially clothed models are not nude - they're partially clothed. I never work with partially clothed models, so even when I make a photo of someone's feet or their hand it's a nude. (Just to be a bit pedantic: none of my models are naked - they are nude. 'Naked' has a subtly different meaning to 'nude'.)

And, again just an opinion, there are no rules regarding what is or is not shown - faces, 'naughty' bits, eye contact, and scars are all up for grabs. Same goes for the model's sex. It's all down to what you and the model are happy with.

Hope this helps.

P.S. If you're looking for a model let me know and I'll be more than happy to recommend some.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh the pressure....ok I'm in. I do like a challenge...

Kathy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ian. Ok I'm in, if the following is acceptable. Image will more than probably not contain any "naughty bits" but will be a nude. I will attempt to use my 7x17 and create a contact lith print for this exchange. If that suits please can I join in. Drew

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Drew-

I was being silly when I mentioned "naughty bits". Some people draw the line for them at the waistline, others, at the neck. For the purpose of my satire, I was drawing the line at the neck.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keeds View Post
    Thanks Ian. Ok I'm in, if the following is acceptable. Image will more than probably not contain any "naughty bits" but will be a nude. I will attempt to use my 7x17 and create a contact lith print for this exchange. If that suits please can I join in. Drew
    Splendid - I look forward to seeing what you make Drew.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK people time's up to sign up. So here are the pairings. The first person named is the sender and the second person is the recipient of the sender's print.

Thomas Bertilsson --> keeds
    gr82bart --> Thomas Bertilsson
    smieglitz --> gr82bart
    TheFlyingCamera --> smeiglitz
    Allen Friday --> TheFlyingCamera
    dpurdy --> Allen Friday
    Ian Leake --> dpurdy
    Akki14 --> Ian Leake
    Vaughn --> Akki14
    dpurdy --> Vaughn
    kberquist --> dpurdy
    KWhitmore --> kberquist
    Rlibersky --> KWhitmore
    keeds --> Rlibersky

Instruction to all recipients: Please send a Private Message (PM) to your respective sender with your real name and mailing address.

For those of you that are sending prints between countries, do NOT state your photograph is more than $10USD or equivalent maximum, otherwise it may stay in customs or the recipients may be hit with duty. Make sure you state that it is a GIFT and has NO COMMERCIAL VALUE.

And whatever you do, do NOT write that it is a nude photograph or anything like that. Just say it's a photograph.

Hmmm ... anyway, check out the Blind Print Exchnage FAQs for more stuff. This will be fun!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I started a new thread in the Fine Art Nude social group to track updates on this print exchange ...

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    I started a new thread in the Fine Art Nude social group to track updates on this print exchange ...

Regards, Art.
    Aw shucks Art, this will foil all us voyeurs!

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Aw shucks Art, this will foil all us voyeurs!
    Just sign up Matt. We know you want to ...

Regards, Art.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin