Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,778   Online: 1207

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

LF Portfolio Review & Showing Outing - IL

The Midwest Large Format Asylum will hold its second annual portfolio showing on Saturday, January 10th, 2009 at Starved Rock State Park in Illinois. We will spend the day looking at images made with large format cameras starting at 8 am.

Everybody is welcome and it is free. The lodge has a great restaurant & each person is responsible for their own breakfast & lunch.

All portfolios are welcome...the only requirement is that the image was captured with a large format camera.

If time permits, we will arrange short talks. Last year's topics included mixing your own chemistry & creativity. Many people came in early last year & took advantage of the location for some shooting as well.

Last January we had 17 portfolios show up which I find amazing! We hope to make this next showing even better. More information can be found at www.midwestlargeformat.com

Hope you will consider joining us.

Rick Tapio

fwp

Shooter
    Large Format
    I went to the the exhibit last year and was glad that I did. I had a great time and saw a lot of amazing photos. I hope that people in the area take advantage of a great show.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Just a reminder that the Midwest Large Format Asylum portfolio review is now less than 2 weeks away. Rooms are still available at the Starved Rock Lodge for Friday, January 9th. Several of us will arrive a day early (on Friday) to do some shooting around the park. Breakfast is at 8 am on Saturday, January 10& we will be looking at photographs for the rest of the day. More details can be found at www.midwestlargeformat.com. Hope to see you you there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Tapio View Post
    Just a reminder that the Midwest Large Format Asylum portfolio review is now less than 2 weeks away. Rooms are still available at the Starved Rock Lodge for Friday, January 9th. Several of us will arrive a day early (on Friday) to do some shooting around the park. Breakfast is at 8 am on Saturday, January 10& we will be looking at photographs for the rest of the day. More details can be found at www.midwestlargeformat.com. Hope to see you you there.
    What are room rates like?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    At the Starved Rock Lodge, the Friday rate is $130-$140 depending if you are in the old wing or the new wing. Ottawa is also not that far away. I believe some people stayed there last year. We also have a list of motels listed on our website www.midwestlargeformat.com as well.

My cell phone number is listed in the JANUARY OUTINGS thread on our website. Anybody arriving on Friday can call me. Hope to see you there. It will be a great day!

Rick Tapio

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Anyone planning on coming to the January LF Outing/Portfolio Review needs to enter Starved Rock State Park via the rear entrance because of icy conditions on the main roads (which are very hilly) into the park.

It should be a great day to look at lots of great photographs made with large format cameras.

Rick Tapio

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin