Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,414   Posts: 1,596,545   Online: 1107

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Should be an interesting challenge! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in the gallery!
    Last edited by SuzanneR; 01-06-2005 at 08:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After this challenge we will have a long running thread about banning self portraits never mind nudes LOL

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll post a new thread inviting participation, as suggested during the discussion late last year. We can also use it for general discussion of the January Challenge.

In future, it might be an idea if we start a new thread requesting suggestions for the challenge theme rather than adding to this one. What do you think?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been away a while and you all come up with self portraits?!? I certainly share the dislike for being in front of my own camera, (thought I was the only one) but I'll give her a try. Self portrats where we live hmmm..do we have to be, like visable in them? Or is a shadowy figure acceptable? :-)
    What!? Behind the rabbit?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    I'll post a new thread inviting participation, as suggested during the discussion late last year. We can also use it for general discussion of the January Challenge.

In future, it might be an idea if we start a new thread requesting suggestions for the challenge theme rather than adding to this one. What do you think?
    Great idea!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Franks kindly started a couple of new threads on this one:

January 2005 APUG Photo Challenge

February 2005 APUG Photo Challenge

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Okay. Here's a brief rundown of the APUG Challenge situation as of 26 Jan 2005. I'm cross-posting this in all related threads in an attempt to clear up the apparent confusion.

The original APUG Challenge thread was getting too long for easy browsing, so (by request) I set up a specific thread for the January Challenge. This was well received, but the timescale was felt to be too short for some people to put something together and the theme was presented more or less as a fait accompli.

To address these problems I started a February Challenge Suggestions thread and, once a goodly number of suggestions had been received, a February Challenge poll so that people could choose what they wanted to do. (I would have combined these two, but I don't think you can turn an existing thread into a poll...).

The situation now is:

January Challenge
    Theme - "A self-portrait which says something about where you live"
    Closing date - 10 Feb

February Challenge
    Theme - "Light can be dark"
    Closing date - 10 Mar

All submissions should be posted in the Challenge Gallery by the appropriate closing date.

I propose creating a new March Suggestions thread followed by a March poll in a couple of weeks time (unless I lose the will to live in the meantime!). If anyone has any better ideas for how to organise the Challenge then please either PM me or post the suggestions in the original APUG Challenge thread. If people would rather someone else organised it, that's fine with me too.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

My non gallery entry for January

The image is hosted on my site so no worries...
    I do a lot of freelance work (illustration/graphic design) after I get home from my day job (more graphic design) and since the computer is boring I thought I'd show the traditional side of my freelance work.

Camera: RB-67 proS
    Film: Polaroid 664
    Exposure: F11 @1/4sec
    Ambient light from track lighting
    Forgive the crappy/dirty scan

http://www.menacingtourist.net/self_studio_far_sm.jpg

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

My non gallery entry for January

Last edited by MenacingTourist; 02-04-2005 at 02:21 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: double post

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Sorry :(

It's late and I'm getting dumber by the hour...

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin