Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,724   Online: 989

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    There is a similar thing going on at the amateur photographer forum. It is a monthly thing and they give a couple of months notice beforehand what the subject will be. It isn't a competition as such, there are no judges or prizes but comments are welcome.
    This forum is a lot more lively so i think the idea would work a lot better here so i' definitely for it.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it just depends on how much people want to shoot, it could be once a week, twice a month, or once a month--I would personally like to test this out at one every two weeks, but I find I have a lot of free time at the moment. I think everyone also has to realize that this is just a fun exercise and a masterpiece or your "best work" is not required. I plan on switching back and forth between a more serious interpretation and just plain whimsy (probably more whimsy ). I do know that in a couple of months I would prefer once every month, but it's not like you can't sit out a session and then come back for the next. We could also have two topics out at all times on a separate timeline.

ex:

"The Kitchen" runs until July 11 and at which time it will be replaced, but on June 25 we will add another topic which will be valid until July 25. This way you always have a month for each topic, but a picture deadline every two weeks. Just trying to think up some feasible system to keep this a little ordered.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 06-11-2004 at 10:54 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: gremlins
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's the status on the "photo challenge" project? I don't see a dedicated gallery for it yet. Is this still on?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matt miller
    What's the status on the "photo challenge" project? I don't see a dedicated gallery for it yet. Is this still on?
    Hi, I have added the gallery. It would probably be best if Ailsa edits her main post which started this thread to reflect the current "challenge". When posting an image to the Photo Challenge gallery be sure to include in the description which challenge it's for. enjoy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guys and Girls

I like the idea and would certainly participate if timescales are conducive.

I subscribe to a large format forum which set a monthly 'challenge' just for the fun of it. If memory serves me correctly they have 3 adjudicators who confer by PM. The only prize is that the picture is represented on the homepage for the site for the next month.(Similar position to Les Macleans waterfall on APUG)

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I like the idea too. What's the deadline?

Shooter
    Large Format
    So the Kitchen is still on? ok, the deadline is july 11th righ, I got an idea I think will work great with pt/pd.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jorge, I'm with you on this one. I'm hoping to have my pd facilities up and running in time--but it may have to be a cyanotype instead.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    It is all good Jeremy..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    First image is in the gallery. The challenge is on!
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin