Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,995   Online: 801

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dorothy, sorry to read the car is giving more trouble.

Nick, glad to read you will be with us.

We had a big storm Friday night. The Govt. declared a storm warning just north of us with 60 mph wind and golf ball size hail. There may yet be more trees down on the falls. The water flow must have been great.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,

Boss just hit me with a task and took away my Friday vacation time; as you may know with the Air Force, Mission First Always. I am still driving up there on Friday, I just do not know my departure time now, 1100, 1400, 1700 hours and 3.5 or so hours of drive from Dayton (Got to get that Mil time out of my head). Are you having an arrival get together on Friday? If so how late is too late to stop by? Will have your phone number with me.

I am staying at the Marriott property on Springdale above Akron and if I get in real late I was wondering how early people are gathering on Saturday. I see Sunday looks like a hike out to the falls and early is always good for me I can get board 4 minutes after waking up at 0422 hours in the AM. I was wondering how Saturday was shaking out. I'd Love to see the old paper mill if anyone can point me out there, take anyone I can fit in the midget Honda and anything else you all suggest.

Truly looking forward to meeting you all, getting out and tickling some silver. I reread the threads again and it got me more excited now that we are in the week. Thanks again John and Dolly for extending your hospitality, and the doggs too!

Lee Gephart

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Lee,

Not a problem on our end. We will gather about 5 PM Friday, talk, show prints and go somewhere for dinner. Somewhere decided by the taste of those who show up. It may be quite close to your hotel. Is the phone # you gave a cell or your home? I can leave a message where we are eating once I know or we can catch up in the morning.

Saturday morning we will gather here about 10 AM to talk, show prints, etc. Some will go out early and some will sleep in. Can you go to Lee L's maps and locate Jaite Paper Mill and get there Saturday morning? Is there someone who could be tour guide? I think I need to be here hosting.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Can you go to Lee L's maps and locate Jaite Paper Mill and get there Saturday morning? Is there someone who could be tour guide? I think I need to be here hosting.

John
    Jaite Paper Mill location added to the NE OH APUG google sites map page:
    http://sites.google.com/site/neohapug/home/places

Scroll down to find the map.

I haven't been there. Is it posted?

Lee L

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Lee,

Not a problem on our end. We will gather about 5 PM Friday, talk, show prints and go somewhere for dinner. Somewhere decided by the taste of those who show up. It may be quite close to your hotel. Is the phone # you gave a cell or your home? I can leave a message where we are eating once I know or we can catch up in the morning.

Saturday morning we will gather here about 10 AM to talk, show prints, etc. Some will go out early and some will sleep in. Can you go to Lee L's maps and locate Jaite Paper Mill and get there Saturday morning? Is there someone who could be tour guide? I think I need to be here hosting.

John
    John, the 937-294-3117 # is a cell. Certainly give a call there. If I get lucky I can finish the task and rock up the road. I'll try to track down the mill. I love old rusting hardware, great to photograph and reminds me of some of the cars I used to drive. A three on the tree '63 Biscayne, hand painted with a brush and four snow tires, it was my Cleveland car when I lived up that way, perfect for rusting to the ground at the airport as I flew out of town every week.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The Powers’ household is excited. Five days until the guests arrive.

I ordered the porta potty today. This is $112 for the weekend. Contributions will be appreciated.

We are trying to get some sense of who is coming, when and where they will stay. This all has to do with logistics on our end, being here when you arrive, making sure we have enough camping space, not looking for someone who can’t come. We realize stuff happens and changes have to be made, but a rough idea would help. Following is a list of who said they will be coming, when I think you will arrive and where I think you are staying. I would be grateful if you would correct any mistakes and fill in missing details.

Any film photographer interested in coming who has not signed in is most welcome. Please PM me with: contact information, when you will be here, where you will be staying and an emergency contact.

Paul A Arriving: ? Staying: Hotel

Bob C , Arriving: ? Staying: Home

Shawn D, Arriving: Saturday PM, Staying: Camping

Bethe F,

Lee G, Arriving: ? Staying: Hotel

Cody G, Arriving: ? Staying: Hotel

Bill J, Arriving: ? Staying: Home

Dorothy K, Arriving: ? Staying: Camping?

Colleen K, Arriving: Friday PM, Staying: Hotel

Nicholas L , Arriving: ? Staying: Home

Lee L, Arriving: ? Staying: Camping

Dale M, Arriving: ? Staying: Home

Jeff S, Arriving: ? Staying: Home

Peter S Arriving: ? Staying: Home

Peter S has offered to bring an Adams retouching machine which should be really interesting to see.

John
    Last edited by jp80874; 05-10-2010 at 06:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm planning on just doing the round trip on Sat, but I may bring stuff with me just in case. I haven't told my neighbor, yet, so I hope he's around this weekend to let my pack out. I probably won't be going out and shooting - just around your pond. I haven't quite figured out the logistics of carrying gear and baby much less shooting while carrying him.
    But I'm looking forward to seeing whoever's there and having adult conversations! Or as adult as they get anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I carried all nine of mine (not at the same time)in a Gerry kid pack while I had cameras hanging on my neck and a fly rod in my hand. I think you capable of figuring out haow to pack yours and a camera(tho it may not be a LF)
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    I can lend you tent if you like - it is a big one, so if it leaks you can always find a dry spot somewhere.

Oh, yes. It looks like I will be in California in June rather than May, so I should be able to make this spring's - oh, what's the word I'm looking for - ado, agitation, ballyhoo, bedlam, big scene, brouhaha, bustle, clatter, combustion, confusion, convulsion, dither, excitement, ferment, fermentation, flap, flurry, furor, fuss, hell broke loose, hubbub, hurly-burly, insurgence, insurrection, lather, mutiny, outcry, pandemonium, perturbation, pother, racket, rebellion, revolt, riot, rumpus, stew, stir, to-do, tumult, turbulence, upheaval, uprising, upset, upturn, vexation, welter, whirl - hmmm, none seem to fit, but they'll all do.

Thanks Nicholas, I appreciate it. I think I'll just take my chances on the little one. I took Friday & Sunday off, so I'm planning on coming down Friday night.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I apologize. It has been pointed out that I posted more information about you than some people would like to have on the internet. There was still time for the “edit” feature to function so I stripped you of your identity. Sorry.

John P.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin