Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,412   Online: 772

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    KEH is going to be at the Richfield, Days Inn again - May 22 & 23 - 10am to 3pm...

Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    KEH is going to be at the Richfield, Days Inn again - May 22 & 23 - 10am to 3pm...

Shawn
    Last time they were only buying, apparently from a want list, 2 guys with laptops. Will you be coming for that camera show? I might come over for a browse if I know which day you'd come. Maybe grab lunch.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would normally love to, Lee... Alas that weekend is going to be my final opportunity to get things ready for a workshop the following weekend.

I was at this event last year around the same time and while KEH was only buying there were others there selling - I got a hell of a deal on my Toyo 45AII. Never know what you might find!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    I was at this event last year around the same time and while KEH was only buying there were others there selling - I got a hell of a deal on my Toyo 45AII. Never know what you might find!
    Yes, I've gotten some great deals there as well, and also had to pass up a number of great deals simply for lack of cash. I'll likely go over again this time. Ownership of the show has transferred to Abraham. He's trying to revitalize it a bit, and I want to support it so that it continues.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    You are both welcome to camp out here that weekend if you change your mind Shawn or Lee if you just want to come over and talk. Mean while back to this weekend's event.

Earlier I mentioned that Peter Spangenberg would bring an Adams retouching machine for us to see. That reminded me that I have a much less sophisticated Burke & James retouching stand that we can see to compare with the Adams.

Latest weather has it clearing up by the weekend. It rained a lot today (Tuesday) and is supposed to Thursday. That should mean good water flow at the falls, possibly new trees falling to act as props.

Still wondering when several people will be arriving.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It looks like I will only be able to come on Sunday.

thanks, Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    You are both welcome to camp out here that weekend if you change your mind Shawn or Lee if you just want to come over and talk.
    Thanks John. I'll contact you off this thread about the camera show weekend. Too early to make specific plans yet.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by htimsdj View Post
    It looks like I will only be able to come on Sunday.

thanks, Jeff
    Jeff,

A welcome first post to Apug.

Sorry your first visit will be short. At this point (Wed. AM) I think people will be going to Blue Hen and Buttermilk falls from daybreak on. I have suggested we cancel the 10 AM meet at our house. Instead I suggested people go to the Richfield Family Restaurant for brunch. They are located about a mile west of the Blue Hen parking lot across the street from the Hampton Inn on Brecksville Rd., near the OH Turnpike entrance.

If people go to the restaurant when they feel like it eventually all players will get there, either arriving there as there first effort of the day or arriving after their interest in the falls. The time spent eating may absorb the difference in schedules.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Happy to add another name to the attendees list. I just received a PM from Steve S, “Scherbis” on the Midwest Large Format Asylum saying that he will join us. I hope to hear by return email when he will arrive and whether he will be camping or staying at a motel.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    As of Thursday morning Weather.com says it is going to be a pretty good weekend in Bath, Ohio.

Friday: Widely scattered showers early. Chance of rain 30%. Partly cloudy, high 70 degrees F, low 50 degrees F.

Saturday: Mostly sun then clouds. Chance of rain 0 %. High 62, low 45.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy. Chance of rain 10 %. High 64, low 54.

I think it will be tolerable.

There has been a lot of rain this week so plan on mud, wet grass and bush in the woods.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin