Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,268   Online: 808

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    I'm heading out to Phili for a workshop at the end of May so I'm going to be busy - probably won't be able to make the whole weekend but I sure miss everyone (especially our most gracious hosts!!!) and will figure out a way to make it for at least one day/night. Thanks so much (and I've been voting for CVNP ALMOST every day =)
    Shawn

P.S.
    Click HERE to vote for (and send a little $ to) Cuyahoga Valley National Park - which has been so good to our group!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Shoot - bad timing for Eva & I. We'll be out of town that weekend and can't make it! Everyone try not to have any fun without us.

Keep me posted on the next gathering though. And of course you are all welcome up here in Michigan as well.
    Bummer,

I was just going to mention that Dolly and I had just discovered yet another home made ice cream business only 16 miles from our house. I can report that their cappuccino–fudge is definitely worth the trip.

Do make the next event. Your friend Andrew Moore’s photo exhibit “Detroit Disassembled” runs June 5 - Oct 10 at the Akron Art Museum.

Something very delicious will be eaten in your honor and absence.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    John,
    I'm heading out to Phili for a workshop at the end of May so I'm going to be busy - probably won't be able to make the whole weekend but I sure miss everyone (especially our most gracious hosts!!!) and will figure out a way to make it for at least one day/night. Thanks so much (and I've been voting for CVNP ALMOST every day =)
    Shawn

P.S.
    Click HERE to vote for (and send a little $ to) Cuyahoga Valley National Park - which has been so good to our group!
    Shawn,

Thank you so much for the kind words and making time to come visit. What is the workshop? We can all drool even if we aren’t at that level or can’t afford time or money.

Thanks for the reminder about the CVNP $5,000 grant. For those not aware of it, here is earlier text. Please help fund the place we enjoy.

The second place park is beginning to catch up. Unless we vote and vote every day (I know, such a bother, but it is a free $5K).

Here is the earlier post and the details.

"We have the opportunity to give something back without it costing us a dime. The Cuyahoga Valley National Park has a chance to win a $5,000 grant if they can get more votes than four other parks. Our photo hikes plus all the other people who use the park could gain from this. Dolly and I would be grateful if you read the following and hit the vote button often. We have also asked the same of our Hiking Hounds group. Every vote can pay.

Thanks,

John & Dolly Powers"

CUYAHOGA VALLEY NATIONAL PARK ASSOCIATION
    NEEDS YOUR HELP!
    No money, just one vote a day

CVNPA is a candidate for a $5,000 grant from Tourism Cares, which has created an initiative called Save Our Sites, a grant opportunity specifically focused on national parks.

We are in competition with four other national parks for this grant. Our grant
    will support scholarships for students who otherwise could not afford to attend our nationally renowned Cuyahoga Valley Environmental Education Center. Please help us win this $5,000 competition! Help area school children experience Cuyahoga Valley National Park!

Here's what you need to do: between now and May 14, 2010 vote ONCE A DAY, every day. It's a fast and easy way to help CVNPA fund our great environmental education programs.

The park with the most votes by May 15 wins! Ask your friends to help too!

http://www.tourismcares.org/save-our...ote-for-a-site

Shooter
    35mm
    John-
    Got the dates on the calendar. Will be there for as much as possible. Thanks for doing this again.

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    I'm going out to the Michael and Paula Vision & Technique workshop - after which my buddy Richard and I are going to spend a couple of days in and around Centralia, PA.

I have only one request - I've yet to make it to Jeff's Ice Cream Central - can someone show me the way? I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!
    Shawn

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Curtis View Post
    John-
    Got the dates on the calendar. Will be there for as much as possible. Thanks for doing this again.

Bob
    Thanks Bob,

Glad to have you coming. We should have some fun with the way the group is building.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    John,
    I'm going out to the Michael and Paula Vision & Technique workshop - after which my buddy Richard and I are going to spend a couple of days in and around Centralia, PA.

I have only one request - I've yet to make it to Jeff's Ice Cream Central - can someone show me the way? I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!
    Shawn
    Shawn,

I have heard wonderful things about that workshop. My own experience was with a critique from them at the Toronto APUG meeting as well as a half day with Michael talking up Azo. Except for the egos, very healthy feedback and useful information.

Warning if you are a heavy meat eater, Paula cooks vegetarian and I hear very well. If you need meat, better get a burger on the way.

As to the ice cream, now that we know Jeff is not attending, but still reading, I think we should plan some ice cream outings in his memory. Dolly mentioned that the new place we have found has some 25 flavors. I don’t suppose you would want to try them all in one day, (did you read that Jeff?) but we could go back.

John

CGross
    John, I am going to try to get up there finally. I'll keep you posted as the dates draw nearer.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGross View Post
    John, I am going to try to get up there finally. I'll keep you posted as the dates draw nearer.
    Cody,

Love to have you visit. We had a great time at Bill’s three years back. By now I expect you will be giving me view camera lessons and I will enjoy that. It looks like some fun people are planning to come. You will fit in perfectly.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Bummer,

I was just going to mention that Dolly and I had just discovered yet another home made ice cream business only 16 miles from our house. I can report that their cappuccino–fudge is definitely worth the trip.

Do make the next event. Your friend Andrew Moore’s photo exhibit “Detroit Disassembled” runs June 5 - Oct 10 at the Akron Art Museum.

Something very delicious will be eaten in your honor and absence.

John
    I'm missing out on seeing everyone, and new ice cream to boot! Now I'm really sad!

We'll be coming down for Andrew's show for sure, and hopefully can meet up with some of you at that time.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin