Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,156   Online: 877

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10141516171819202122 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nothing like keeping an open mind...

So Shawn, Lee, when are you joining the camera club? Seems like you have found new and unexplored value that could add immensely to your work.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Greek Festival

Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    After a little off line checking it looks like July 16-17-18 will be a good date for us to have the next event here. Please mark your calendar. I will post a new thread shortly. I was trying to match Dolly’s schedule, the weekend the MWLFA usually travels and avoid date conflict with an exciting Cinci-Louisville Apug gathering in planning for early June and the rogue northern MI group in late June. For years we all wished we could meet another film shooter or two. Now we have a traffic jam. Who says film is dead? It is just more expensive.

John

PS: In keeping with our usual culinary interests I just noticed that those dates overlap a delicious Greek festival about a 20 minute drive from here.
    What is the best shutter speed to shoot Belly Dancing?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Nothing like keeping an open mind...

So Shawn, Lee, when are you joining the camera club? Seems like you have found new and unexplored value that could add immensely to your work.
    We're going through our initiation right now. Currently working with a laminated copy of the rules, once we've committed them to memory and passed the written test the members take a vote.... fingers crossed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Remember - no creativity allowed! I think I would have found myself in a situation where it would be difficult to keep my pie hole shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    We're going through our initiation right now. Currently working with a laminated copy of the rules, once we've committed them to memory and passed the written test the members take a vote.... fingers crossed.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    And don't forget about "yer rule o thirds"...mandatory...Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    ... once we've committed them to memory and passed the written test the members take a vote.... fingers crossed.
    I'm not good with math, so I keep failing the 'rule of thirds' section on the written exam.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's clear that photography is there to serve as an exercise in providing memberships of such fine constitution with pictures that are cohesive, rule obedient, and free of any annoying deviance of the standards.
    Don't you dare being creative, or you will be slapped three times with a ruler across the fingers of your focusing hand - the 'hand of man' will be expelled!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I think I would have found myself in a situation where it would be difficult to keep my pie hole shut.
    Given the mindset I was in (finished shooting at that location and headed back to the car while waiting on companions to finish shooting), it was kind of entertaining to listen to the guy keep rambling, and piling on one rule after another. What was really funny was that the kit he was carrying complied with only one of the 'hardware' rules he said he'd taught in adult continuing education classes for 20 years. He also glanced at our setups while he was laying out the rules, I think in part to make sure he wasn't offending greatly.

He wasn't nasty about it at all, just seemed to want to help us out with good advice in a grandfatherly sort of way.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Armstrong View Post
    What is the best shutter speed to shoot Belly Dancing?
    Dolly usually comes along so it is a slow delicious meal rather than a visual consumption. Any slow speed will do as long as the grape leaves keep coming.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Lee (daleeman) and I were given an impromptu lecture on a rather large, strict set of rules for nature photography at the beaver pond Saturday morning. That was entertaining, and we got some joking mileage out of it for the rest of the weekend.

Lee
    "Rules" for Nature Photography (notice capitals) reminds me of a local photography club fascinated with the creative aspects of 0 and 1.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin