Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,392   Online: 804

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Armstrong View Post
    Count me in, John. I'll send my info by PM
    Hey Paul. Great to have you back. Thanks for the contact information. I will PM information

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    As many of you know Dolly teaches First grade. We have regular visitors to our gatherings, Jeff & Eva Bannow.

Dolly came home from work tonight and said that just before the children left to go home a little boy came up to her and said, “Mrs. Powers, I just accidentally stuffed flowers in Eva’s mouth.” Jeff, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PICK UP ANY ROSES.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Hey, where is Dorothy? Anyone heard from her? I dropped her an email. D O R O T H Y ! !

John
    WOW! tALK ABOUT waking uP frOm the dEAd! How did I miss this thread??? Thanks for emailing me John, I'd have really missed out. Looks like I have to go buy a new tent. The old one leaked, and sleeping alone in the rain in a jeep that's too short last time just wasn't fun. Maybe a gps for the car too! This was just the ticket I needed to come out of hibernation.

I'll mark my calendar. Thanks again John!

Dorothy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Puts me in a good mood just seeing this thread pop up every so often! Can't wait to get back... and maybe check out the "harder to get to" fall down from Blue Hen you were telling us about, John? If anyone is interested in making the trek with me!

And of course if you decide to do some shooting of your own during this round, John, my offer of carrying each others packs is still good.

Shawn
    I was out with my kids at Blue Hen the other day. We were all shooting film. I also need to check out that trail farther up. Plus I'm interested if it goes up to the top of the ski slopes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I was out with my kids at Blue Hen the other day. We were all shooting film. I also need to check out that trail farther up. Plus I'm interested if it goes up to the top of the ski slopes.
    I guess we're just going to have to find out for ourselves. Can't wait! Shawn

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    WOW! tALK ABOUT waking uP frOm the dEAd! How did I miss this thread??? Thanks for emailing me John, I'd have really missed out. Looks like I have to go buy a new tent. The old one leaked, and sleeping alone in the rain in a jeep that's too short last time just wasn't fun. Maybe a gps for the car too! This was just the ticket I needed to come out of hibernation.

I'll mark my calendar. Thanks again John!

Dorothy
    Great news. Dorothy could you PM me an emergency contact.

Thanks. Glad you are coming.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Originally Posted by ic-racer

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    I guess we're just going to have to find out for ourselves. Can't wait! Shawn
    On the trail between the two falls, just before you arrive at Buttermilk, there is a trail that goes UP, off the two falls trail. If you take that up, and Cindy and Savannah have to pull me up it, that gets you to within sight of the top of the ski lifts. The Hiking Hounds group refer to the girls as John's yellow escalator. If you go beyond Buttermilk falls, down stream, there are all sorts of signs saying, “GO Back, Private Property, The Elephants Will Trample You.” I ignored them the time I went down there with the RZ67. It is heavier than my 4x5 and I was not going to walk back uphill carrying that puppy. We had a second car parked below. There were only two of us and nobody greeted us, perhaps nobody saw us. I didn’t ask.

An alternate route is to take the Buckeye Trail north just before Blue Hen Falls. This will take you up to a plateau about a half mile west of the top of the ski lift. This ½ mile plateau is a great trail to take in the fall. It is shoulder high grasses and brambles, wait those aren’t brambles, they are red raspberries. Our HH group took and hour to eat their way through that ½ mile. Talk about delicious.

John
    Last edited by jp80874; 04-14-2010 at 08:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, I'll print this out and stick it in my glovebox.

"John's yellow escalator"!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

Shooter
    Large Format
    i've got to check my calendar, but tax season ends tomorrow and I would really enjoy spending some time with another 7x17 photographer....I'll let you know, but at least I've marked this thread...
    John Bowen

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jgjbowen View Post
    i've got to check my calendar, but tax season ends tomorrow and I would really enjoy spending some time with another 7x17 photographer....I'll let you know, but at least I've marked this thread...
    Come on out John. You can laugh at the baby jogger and take a look at the OH & Erie canal. I know there is a similar canal near DC. I've taken 150 some 7x17s up and down the tow path. I think you would like what it has to offer. Everything is long and low. It is perfect for the format.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin