Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,122   Online: 1053

Shooter
    35mm

APAP (Analogue Photography and Alternative Processes Network - Open Invitation.

Hello to all APUG members and subscribers!

APAP is a facebook group, intended for those who have an interest, or are
    passionate about Analogue Photography and / or Alternative Processes.

If you are one of those people who get's a buzz from seeing your print slowly
    appear under the red light in the developer, then this is the place for you!

Group members are encouraged to share online information and resources
    that they may come across regarding either analogue techniques in
    photography. This will help make it much more of a portal to those who are
    curious about learning photography in its most hands on and inventive
    forms. It is also a platform for practitioners, both new and experienced, to
    broadcast their art and organize events.

This will hopefully be a successful format for like-minded photographers to
    communicate with one another, sharing ideas and together growing more
    and more infused with the handcrafts of photography.

I hope you find the contents of this group to be of interest to you and that it
    helps inform you of what can be achieved in photography, besides that with
    the usual digital format.

By no means does APAP seek to irrationally displace forums such as APUG, whose magnitude of resources and features cannot be matched by a mere facebook page. For those who use facebook regularly however, they will know how easy it is for networking with others. If anything it is meant as a smaller counterpart to more sophisticated services like APUG, allowing users to quickly share resources like youtube videos, internet sites and event images and videos relating to their own practice if they should desire. The reason I say this is because I had a great deal of respect for APUG and its ethos for supporting analogue photographers.

I hope you, if you are a facebook user, that you consider joining the growing number of photographers who have already joined us and are networking with other like minded people. Its a blast, trust me!

Here is a html address for the group's page:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=140154149334149

If you do not use facebook and do not have an account, then I'm afraid you won't be able to access the page.

For more information please contact me, Christopher Finch, at:
    Finchmyster16@hotmail.co.uk. 

Sincerely,
    Chris.
    Last edited by finchmyster16; 07-18-2010 at 08:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    A quick correction to the above post, you can view the APAP page via google and see the links that many of our fellow photographic artists / enthusiasts have shared on there. However, in order to interact with the page, you will require a facebook account.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    no thank you, I dont like face book, and I dont like sharing that much info with the world.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Best of luck to you and thanks for working to promote film use.

Leo
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No thank you, Facebook is infested with 16 years olds posing as grownups and net wars. Its the last place on earth I expect a lasting interchange between people that has ANY interest in film based photography. I expect *them* to set up a blank face when someone mentiones film - they have no concept of what it is. In their lifetime - what they recall, cameras have been digital, and most likely a mobile phone!

This is the reason I left a local mainly digital forum, to tiresome repeating the same explanaition-for-toddlers everey day to people that weren't really interested after all!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the information, I would check it out.

Jeff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin