Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,958   Posts: 1,586,112   Online: 1157

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Images

Interpretive print exchange

Wouldn't it be cool if we could get more interpretive comparisons, of the same negative, like the one Jorge and Jim did? I do not think it would be tough because with pyro, a negative can be developed with a dual purpose in mind.

This is a thought and one I would like to participate in as long as the negative was contactable. I have no enlarger.

Here is my thought:

1-A negative, developed for dual purposes alt and silver, is sent in a round to a specific number of people.
    2-The negative is printed by a person in a timely manner, and prints could be made for the participants, and sent to the next person who does the same.

At the end there are a number of different interpretations of the same negative. that each person has. Since I have never even thought about this before I am sure there are a lot of holes tht need to be ironed out. What do you folks think?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm down. I'm sure we could have different small groups like the other print exchange. Some can do enlarged prints, some contact silver, some contact alt, etc.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Terrific idea. I can enlarge B&W -ves upto 6x6.
    Cheers, Shesh

Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child - Cicero

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    This idea came up a while back but never really got off the ground. Hunt around in this category for "negative exchange" and the old thread should turn up. I'd participate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like I said in the other thread, EricR was supposed to be getting this going. As far as i know he has the negatives ready to send out. I could be wrong about his being ready with them.

Images
    looks like this never got off the ground But there seems to be no reason why. What would make this work?

I have been thinking

Since I have no enlarger and can only do contacts we can start two groups. One for enlargments and the other for contacts. A person can participate in either of the exchanges or both. To keep this real easy let's start by keeping the groups easy and small, 4-5 folks in each.

The contact group will work in 4x5-8x10 to ease printing costs(plus I am not set up for anything larger) If there are those who want to shoot larger then by all means we can work that out.

Enlargements will be 35mm-4x5. If you are not able to print a certain size say so.

I am not a very good database person but will do my best to keep things organized. Instead of three negs only one is needed. This is about interpretation not a challenge. I want to see how others see my negs or another persons. Nothing scientific about this, pure artistic interpretation is all that is needed.

Should one person shoot a neg and that make the rounds, or should each shoot a neg and all send them at the same time to the first person on their list. When they get finished then they send the neg to another person. When all 4-5 people have had a shot at the neg then prints can be sent around. I suppose each peron should make 4-5 prints too so they can see what others did with the negs.

I hope this makes sense.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Mark, I can help set something up but it will be a few weeks till I have time. I'll 'sticky' your thread for now. You may want to talk to Eric and both of you can help manage it?

Shooter
    Large Format
    If it helps any, I can say that doing this was a lot of fun. It is a very interesting experience to get a negative and a print and compare what one thinks is a "good" print with what other people think it is.

You all should give it a try, it is fun and very informative.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If anyone is wiling to wait for intercontinental shipping, I'm in. I can enlarge anything between 35mm and 5x7" negatives.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Images
    Intercontinental would not be a problem. I love getting mail from other countries. It gives me something to talk to the Mail lady about. She loves the packages from Ukraine, sshe says it is like stepping back in time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin