Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,516   Posts: 1,543,738   Online: 883

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Negative Exchange

I know this has been discussed before but nothing ever seems to happen.

There appears to be enough interest and there's no reason we can't get this going.

Ideas?

Groups of 2.

Match format size if required. I can shoot/print 35mm to 8x10 so format is not an issue for me but is for others.

"Show your work". Send your work prints along with descriptions of what you did, what you like/don't like, why you made changes, etc. Show what you did from beginning to end. I feel this is the key to making this a good learning experience.

Possibly start a gallery to post the results so we could see the different printing styles.

Les has expressed interest in doing this. If Les (or no one else) has any objections I would like to be paired with him for the first round

Sign up by replying to this thread and please feel free to offer your suggestions.

Thanks!

Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think it's actually been started. Mark recently emailed me to say he has some negs on the way.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    I think it's actually been started. Mark recently emailed me to say he has some negs on the way.
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to step on anyones toes.

I was (and apparently several others) unaware of this.

If anyone would still like to join in you are more than welcome, I see no reason there can't be more than one going on at the same time. I for one love doing this type of thing and can't get enough of it

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot 35mm and can enlarge 35mm so let me know if anyone would like to exchange negs with me on this. I have one in particular that has given me grief for a while!
    Jeanette
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    lol...i think there are more than one. Eric has one for small and medium format, and mark has one going for large format. There are only 3 on the large format one, so i'm sure theres room for others to join.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It is my understanding that the negative exchange that is going on now was started with the idea everyone would print the "same" negative. Each member would interpret the negative and the results would be different printing styles.

If I am wrong please forgive me.

That is a good idea, but it is not the same as I would like to do.

My idea is more of a "1 on 1" exchange that (I hope) would be used as a learning tool.

Groups of 2.

Match format size if required. I can shoot/print 35mm to 8x10 so format is not an issue for me but is for others.

"Show your work". Send your work prints along with descriptions of what you did, what you like/don't like, why you made changes, etc. Show what you did from beginning to end. I feel this is the key to making this a good learning experience.

Possibly start a gallery to post the results so we could see the different printing styles.
    So, if anyone is interested in this type of negative exchange just reply and I will add you to the list.

Negative Exchange Member List:

Les McLean
    BWGirl
    JMoore

Thanks!!

Jim

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Count me in, Jim!

I enlarge anything from 35mm to 5x7" negatives, or contact print 5x7" to 8x10" on POP paper - or van Dyke - or cyanotype...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Round #1 Negative Exchange Member List:

Les McLean
    BWGirl
    JMoore
    Ole
    Nige
    Aggie
    Timothy
    Leon
    Last edited by JMoore; 08-11-2004 at 09:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been in most things here so why not!

I shoot 35mm and 645, can print (relative term!) 35mm thru 6x7.

I also suggest everyone makes two identical prints, one to send and one to keep to compare to the one your receive from your Neg-Buddy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aww shoot, like Nige says, count me in. I can do anything from 4x5 down. Any preferences to size of the print, or type of paper used (RC or fiber)?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin