Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,226   Posts: 1,532,674   Online: 791

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Apug conference

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    Expert speakers.
    I will gladly give a workshop on crossprocessing and the joys of urban photography for all of the ULF shooters looking for a new way to channel your creativity.

I vote for the UK in August of 2005. Helen and I are in the midst of planing a trip to England and Scotland during that time.

Lost Wages would be nice, but it is best done in winter which would not meet Seans request for 12-18 months out.

I know I'm not too keen on the desert in summer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vegas would be nice for the cheap airfare and hotel accomodations as previously mentioned. I'm a student, so I side with David on scheduling it in the summer... maybe early summer, like May? Still nice[r] weather in Vegas at that time.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Summer in Vegas would be best for me. It's my slow time and flights to LAS are cheap from Calgary.

Why don't we make this a voting thread with 3 of our top choices? Once we have a location determined that would drive who could present/attend.

APUG has more clout than you might think IMHO. There is probably a higher "readership" here than the LF magazine that will remain nameless.

Aggie would make a great organizer.

eric
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Vegas would be nice for the cheap airfare and hotel accomodations as previously mentioned. I'm a student, so I side with David on scheduling it in the summer... maybe early summer, like May? Still nice[r] weather in Vegas at that time.
    My wife is on an Academic schedule and she has classes through July.

Two weeks in December, all of August and a week in early spring are our travel times. Not that I would expect this to be scheduled around my (wife's) schedule -- just saying.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    It would be really necessary for this to be over a weekend for me as it's hard to get away during weekly workdays.

I would like to see lots of emphasis on member print review\presentation\exhibition, etc. How about a member print sale and\or exchange area?

Ideas on guest speakers, anyone?
    > Michael A. Smith & Paula Chamblee

Product Expo:
    J&C
    Art Craft

Technical Presentations
    > Film\Paper\Chemistry areas
    > Processing techniques
    > Testing techniques

Not sure how practical field trips are. How much can you get done in a short field trip? Red Rock is only a few minutes away and that may be the best choice. But if this is the summer, noone will be under a darkcloth very long. Remember, if gets over 110 deg or more in the summer there and the rocks turn into mini-ovens.

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    <<< Additional thoughts on speakers >>>
    How about Les, Gainer, Sandy, Kerik, Clay, Thom Haarop (sp?), Per just to get started and that's folks we here from on this site.

Then Burce B, Don Kirby, etc.

Tech. Presentations: Maybe Plt/Pld, Gum, etc for the Alt Process crowd
    Intro to processing sheet film vs roll film
    Toning - Tim Rudman like discussion (maybe Ann could do this since she has a class on it anyhow.

Since we seem to have a increasing interest in wet/dry plate,

Plus it would be a great to for Jim C to demo his new ULF cameras...

Just ideal thoughts from someone wishing this was happening this weekend. ;^)
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please choose an affordable site. Money will become very tight for me the next few months. But I would really love to meet with many of the APUG members and would REALLY like to see their work in person - a print exchange or sale would be great.
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    just remember this is for more than just large format photographers.

Thoughts on Vegas, after May it is really hot until about mid Oct. Given other places in the summer, If it is not terribly hot, it is humid.

Could I suggest before labor day weekend? It is still reasonable temps if it were to be in vegas. The huge summer crowds have not started. Some places have not put in their high traffic prices.

I think having people who are apuggers speak is a great idea.

Not everyone is going to fit into a time frame that it would be held. Not everyone is going to make it to the country it is held in. That is why we can at least move it venue wise from year to year. It could shift from one group of apuggers doing the conf. to another. Kinda like the olympics. that way no one has to get burnt out doing the work.

I would also like to see about setting up a fund where if a person has a few extra (insert your currency) dollars they wanted to donate, that a we could use to help those who are in finacial straights in other countries make it to the conf. Kinda like a scholarship fund. It could be done a lottery basis. This is just a thought.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    *just brainstorming

several kiosks running apug.org would be cool..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great ideas. Bet we could wrangle some corporate sponsorship with a little selling effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    *just brainstorming

several kiosks running apug.org would be cool..
    We had a convention in Wellington recently sponsored by Fuji. We only had 200 people but Fuji still contributed a LOT. Apart from their latest Digigizmoes .... plenty of film, sponsored dinner, etc.
    Last edited by John McCallum; 08-12-2004 at 11:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin