Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,362   Online: 1100

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Apug conference

Images
    I'm thinking more along the lines of a get together than a cxonference, but that could be due to going to too many conferences in my professional life and having a bad view on most of them. More like a everyone show up at XXX and we' ll have dinner at YYY, and print viewing atLLL etc
    hi!

Images
    I like John's idea.
    Which way do I turn when I get to Philadelphia?
    I understand that there is a tourist attraction somewhere in NZ called "The Amazing Monster Enlarger". Where do I buy tickets?
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    I'm thinking more along the lines of a get together than a cxonference, but that could be due to going to too many conferences in my professional life and having a bad view on most of them. More like a everyone show up at XXX and we' ll have dinner at YYY, and print viewing atLLL etc
    My thoughts exactly! The more fun and games we can schedule the better. Such as some morning, dusk and night shootings followed by adult beverages and maybe preceeded by talks by those in the group who do this sort of thing well. I think a Thursday- Sunday thing with most of the stuff scheduled Friday through Sunday morning.

I'm not a planner, at least not an event planner so I'll leave it alone. If I can help I will.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I don't want to dampen enthusiasm because I think this is a great idea. But a conferance infers lots of people, This site has 2000 some odd members yet on a rotating basis there is only a small continiuous core that contribute. Then add geography to the mix plus timing the idea of a convention seems over zealous.

A get together perhaps with each member contributing a presentation on a portion of their process. Then group explorations of the area.

At the outset conferance seems to large a project with to high a expectation yet a get together with the growth potential for the furture seems more practical.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    Actually that sounds more like what I was really thinking as well (re corporate sponsorship - sorry was just thinking aloud ). But money and organising helps, and jazzing it up (a little) could help me justify a flight to the US from NZ for the weekend ..... or so. I'm positive others would want to come from Europe / UK also ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    Which way do I turn when I get to Philadelphia?
    Like Bugs always says "I shoulda' turned left in Alberquecky!"
    Great idea, conference or get together either way. Unfortunately due to time and money, I won't be able to attend unless within "reasonable" driving distance (as the missus would say). Sorry but I've heard it's hard to drive to NZ :rolleyes:
    Willing to help any way I can but might prove to be limited. Vegas would be cool (pun intended) but there are sooo many other nice places also easy to get to. (Not that I have anything against the town of course.) With the current state of tourism, many destinations/airlines/travel groups are bending over backwards to attract people (wouldn't that make an intresting pic?)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Also, Red rock in the summer has 2 states of light, dark or blazing bright with clear blue sky. The middle of winter would be best or early November if there was interest in going up to Death Valley..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Not Phoenix in the summertime unless you want to spend all of your time at the pool or bar. Albuquerque could be okay. Las Vegas is also hot in the summer.

If you are considering having individuals, small classes or groups go out on location during various parts of the event, temperature might be an issue.

Rusty

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_tripod
    Not Phoenix in the summertime unless you want to spend all of your time at the pool or bar. Albuquerque could be okay. Las Vegas is also hot in the summer.

If you are considering having individuals, small classes or groups go out on location during various parts of the event, temperature might be an issue.

Rusty

If planning in NM, Albuquerque will easily reach upper 90's in the summer, where Santa Fe will reach upper 80's. At night the temp drops about 25 degrees. Very nice. From Santa Fe, we can reach many photographic areas much easier than Albuquerque, which is 60 miles south.

I could easily set up a few day trips. If Santa Fe is chosen, I can do the leg work to find a group rate at local hotels, restaurants, etc.

Just let me know.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    did I hear someone say spend all our time at the bar??!! ummmmmmmm beeeerrrrrr.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin