Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,927   Posts: 1,585,170   Online: 795

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Apug conference

Images
    Upper nineties if you are lucky. With all of the pavement you are looking at a temp in the 100's. I have never been turned on by santa fe. I don't know too generic I guess. Now head north to truches and chimayo and you have my vote. ANy way Santa Fe is too expensive.

No matter where it is, I hope the expense in kept down.

Quote Originally Posted by david b
    If planning in NM, Albuquerque will easily reach upper 90's in the summer, where Santa Fe will reach upper 80's. At night the temp drops about 25 degrees. Very nice. From Santa Fe, we can reach many photographic areas much easier than Albuquerque, which is 60 miles south.

I could easily set up a few day trips. If Santa Fe is chosen, I can do the leg work to find a group rate at local hotels, restaurants, etc.

Just let me know.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Conf.

I am visiting vegas as I wite this and it is 115 degrees, according to the news radio, and I am stuck in the cool hotel. I do not participate in the economy of vegas I am here visiting relations who derive their income from those who contribute to the local economy.
    If a decision is made for vegas just keep the temps in mind.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    How about Sydney? It's got to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Conference - get together, whatever you call it, I like the idea.
    San Diego would be great - I could go to the "Get Together" and my wife can visit her sister in Encinitas. MMMMMMMMMMM - I vote for San Diego!!
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    How about Sydney? It's got to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
    Yup I'd vote for Sydney out of shear convenience and because it would be a d*mn good location (also flights at $249 rtn instead of $2500). However, I think it would be important for the i[font=Verdana][size=2][font=Times New Roman][font=Verdana]naugural apug[/font] [/font]get together to be as successful as possible. and by virtue of numbers, the States or Canada seems a logical choice. Maybe our turn next time Roteague [/size][/font]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Maybe Sean or comebody could put together a countof members by their general geographic location, East Coast, West Coast, The Middle, Europe, NZ\Austrailia, etc.
    Perhaps we could hold the first one closets to where he most members are.

Again, if it's held in later summer there is no place like Seattle in the summer. Weeks on end with no rain and mild temps. Lots to do.

-Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm for that.

Always have a place to stay there...

Hell, if we do Seattle and I can make it, I will lead a trip up to Whidbey Island, which is a great place to shoot.
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhi
    Maybe Sean or comebody could put together a countof members by their general geographic location, East Coast, West Coast, The Middle, Europe, NZ\Austrailia, etc.
    Perhaps we could hold the first one closets to where he most members are.
    If the budget is a concern, Vegas is really the only choice. Cheap airfare from just about anywhere, cheap (but nice) acommodations, cheap (but nice) food (they do this so you'll come back-what a concept!!!). What's not to like? The weather in the summer, but that's the only thing. I've been to Vegas in January and it was absolutely delightful. But in July or August Saudi Arabia would be a relative garden spot. So why not have the soiree in December, to acommodate those on an academic schedule?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A few thoughts....

I'm liking the cheapness (is that a word?) of Las Vegas, but the heat would make life fairly miserable in my honest opinion. Ditto to Phoenix (where I spent a whole lot of time last year) although both places are great in the winter.

San Diego is fabulous year round and presents lots of possibilities for photography (mountains, deserts, beaches, and urban all within an hour or two. Or hop the border to Mexico.) It's not as expensive as some airports.

As self-serving as it may sound for me to suggest this, Denver is also a great location. Great photography area, comparatively mild summers, and a large international airport. It's also fairly central for those within the U.S., which may make it easier for more people to make the drive, if they elect not to fly.

I'd dearly love to go to an APUG get-together in another country (Europe in particular) but it would take a wealthy sponsor or a sugardaddy for me to go. Unless I could schedule five or six portrait sessions while I'm there....

- CJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhi
    Maybe Sean or comebody could put together a countof members by their general geographic location, East Coast, West Coast, The Middle, Europe, NZ\Austrailia, etc.[...]
    Boy, that's something I've always wanted on the main APUG greeting page, but always thought it'd be too over-the-top to ask for. It'd be great if there was some kind of server-side applet that would take the postal codes (zip for US folks, I'm sure there's an equiv for the rest of the world) and put dots on a map of the world showing what parts of the world are actually logged into APUG at any given time or, alternatively, show how the membership, message posting or gallery posting frequency is distributed.

there. I've flushed my brain of the idea. (:

-KwM-

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin