Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,218   Online: 858
      
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: Apug conference

  1. #81
    c6h6o3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    3,173
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    think about Jekyll Island out here in Georgia, or Charleston, SC.
    The Barrier Islands of Georgia are a photographer's paradise. Jekyll Island is quite expensive, but in nearby Brunswick or St. Simon's Island (15 minutes away), very reasonable acommodations can be had. During December it's warm (60s-70s during the day), there's plenty of soft, quiet light that's easy to control, no snakes and no wind. What's not to like? I wouldn't disparage Charleston, either. It's lovely, but May through August there are a living hell of heat and humidity.

    On a separate note, how do we make this decision? Can Sean set up some sort of vote? We need some closure on this.

  2. #82
    Aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    So. Utah
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,925
    Images
    6
    THIS HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP AGAIN IN ANOTHER THREAD.

    As to closure, there was nothing definative set. It was more a matter of if we wanted to do one. The response that was gathered showed that a majority did. Now for the formation of a committee to handle this matter who will decide on venue, date and all other particulars should be discussed. First would who is wanted by the apug members to head up this venture? If no one is nominated, I will go ahead and assume it. Then would be who wants to work on this effort? It can't be done by one person alone. NOW is the TIME to make YOUR WISHES known!
    Non Digital Diva

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    4,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    THIS HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP AGAIN IN ANOTHER THREAD.

    As to closure, there was nothing definative set. It was more a matter of if we wanted to do one. The response that was gathered showed that a majority did. Now for the formation of a committee to handle this matter who will decide on venue, date and all other particulars should be discussed. First would who is wanted by the apug members to head up this venture? If no one is nominated, I will go ahead and assume it. Then would be who wants to work on this effort? It can't be done by one person alone. NOW is the TIME to make YOUR WISHES known!
    Well, if you guys ever do it in Mexico count me in to help organize it. BTW I have not forgotten I owe you the referrals.

  4. #84
    Nicole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,548
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    THIS HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP AGAIN IN ANOTHER THREAD.
    As to closure, there was nothing definative set. It was more a matter of if we wanted to do one. The response that was gathered showed that a majority did. Now for the formation of a committee to handle this matter who will decide on venue, date and all other particulars should be discussed. First would who is wanted by the apug members to head up this venture? If no one is nominated, I will go ahead and assume it. Then would be who wants to work on this effort? It can't be done by one person alone. NOW is the TIME to make YOUR WISHES known!
    I'd love an APUG conference! Unfortunately it would have to be in Australia as I have just blown my budget on more camera gear!
    Bright side: If it's in Australia, you'd have an absolute ball! Great photography! And I'd help with a lot of the organizing.... Interested?

  5. #85
    roteague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kaneohe, Hawaii
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,672
    Images
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole McGrade
    I'd love an APUG conference! Unfortunately it would have to be in Australia as I have just blown my budget on more camera gear!
    Bright side: If it's in Australia, you'd have an absolute ball! Great photography! And I'd help with a lot of the organizing.... Interested?
    Please!! I need another excuse to visit Australia. On the other hand, I was invited to visit someone in Broken Hill on my last trip, I guess that is as good an excuse as any. Then, I guess I could get together with Kevin and Nige and put down a few more Coopers; that would work as well.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

    "A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

  6. #86

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,410
    Images
    4

  7. #87
    Nicole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,548
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Please!! I need another excuse to visit Australia. On the other hand, I was invited to visit someone in Broken Hill on my last trip, I guess that is as good an excuse as any. Then, I guess I could get together with Kevin and Nige and put down a few more Coopers; that would work as well.
    Broken Hill is about 4 full days drive from Perth, but still closer than most!
    So I see two votes for Down Under?

  8. #88

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Floriduh
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    2,266
    Images
    2
    Would a location somewhere in California be best for the Apug family down under and in England and Europe? There's always cheap flights in the U.S. from the east coast to the west on the likes of Orbitz etc. So, why not a west coast meeting and for those that were interested in Las Vegas, they can make a second stop. As to time frame, the end of the year is a little too close what with the holidays coming; How about a spring time meeting?
    I would also like to suggest a survey as to what subject matter people are interested in for planning sake.

    I would be willing to help as much as possible, but suspect that where ever we land, we'll find Apug members there to help the rest of us out-of-towners.

  9. #89
    Dave Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,049
    There are a great many areas around the US and abroad that would be great for a function of this nature, I would be willing to do what I can to help make sure this becomes a reality. I think this would be a great thing for the traditional film shooters of the world.

    Dave Parker
    Ground Glass Specialties
    Satin Snow(TM) Ground Glass
    www.satinsnowglass.com

    P.S. Glacier National Park is very close to where I live, talk about Picture taking heaven!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin