Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,942   Online: 1101

View Poll Results: Do you want an apug conference

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

45 88.24%
  • no

6 11.76%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: conf. yes or no

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well there is always Calgary. Your US green backs go a lot further up here than at home, spectacular Rocky Mountains, world famous Lake Louise and the Drumheller badlands. Anything you would want to photograph with the exception of ocean is within 1.5 hours drive.

Great airport, good hotels and Ken Miller, Ian Greant, Jim Phillips (aka GreyWolf) the Calgary Large Format Users Group and myself just might take you to some of our favorite haunts.

Just ask Les McLean, he loved it here.

I also have access to a large commercial darkroom set up for both color and b&w. Just in case you wanted to process and print your stuff while here.

Besides photography, tours is what I do for a living, so organizing it would be a snap.

Eric
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love Canada...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EricR
    Well there is always Calgary. Your US green backs go a lot further up here than at home, spectacular Rocky Mountains, world famous Lake Louise and the Drumheller badlands. Anything you would want to photograph with the exception of ocean is within 1.5 hours drive.

Great airport, good hotels and Ken Miller, Ian Greant, Jim Phillips (aka GreyWolf) the Calgary Large Format Users Group and myself just might take you to some of our favorite haunts.

Just ask Les McLean, he loved it here.

I also have access to a large commercial darkroom set up for both color and b&w. Just in case you wanted to process and print your stuff while here.

Besides photography, tours is what I do for a living, so organizing it would be a snap.

Eric
    Calgary would get my vote! Been there long time ago, and it was wonderful. Eric is right about all the things being in the right spot, plus the value for your money is the best.

What say we start putting a committee together to work out all the things about it. I suggest Lee, mrcallow, Eric and anyone who would also like to help on the planning of this form a committee.

As to world wide conventions/conferences/tournaments, been there done that too. I JUST DO NOT WISH FOR IT ALL TO BE MY RSPOSIBILITY ALONE!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some of us talk louder than others which may give the impression of consensus. I think we should continue with the democratic process and take another 2 polls.

One to confirm location(s) -- Someone will need to compile a list from this thread as well as ask for final input.

In addition to locations, we may wish to have an option for coinciding get togethers as in 1 date multiple locations World Wide. If people wish to have an AU NZ and a Europe and a S/C American meet. They can convene their own group and we can all coordinate.
    Largest vote wins.

Finally we could vote on dates. If it were held in Calgary we might have to weight the results based upon Eric's recommendations/requirements.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All I did was say I personally would vote for Calgary. that doesn't mean that is where it would be held. From personal experience with polls and such, the more you have of them the more you get conflicting info. It becomes more of a headache and nothing is ever solved. As for the committee, that is where it would be decided. As for place and time of year yes do polls, just be warned anything that had been decided on in a pervious poll will likely be turned around in the next poll. This is not to say that apuggers are children, but think of who had to make the final diecision in a large family? All the kids would have different ideas and all valid given certain viewpoints. It became the job of the parents to sift through it all and decide. So Committee first? Give options and ideas and then pools to see what of the options would work. BESIDES John I want to see you do that internet feed thingy you talked about. You can be the resident internet geek. Want the job?

Shooter
    4x5 Format

NY, Phila, Balt/DC ????

Please please please could we have it on the East coast somewhere- seems like photog conferences are ALWAYS out west, 'cmon pleeeaaassee!!

'cmon everybody: "east coast!, east coast!, east coast!" etc etc...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    I want to see you do that internet feed thingy you talked about. You can be the resident internet geek. Want the job?
    No, but I'll do it anyway.
    I'll need a good DV Cam, camera operator, a fast box with a large harddrive and at least a gig of ram, fast internet connection and a hosting location with a large amount of hd space and bandwidth. All but the camera operator can be rented.

I suspect when we know where we are going someone in our group can pull those bits together.

After the get together we can have it burned to film and distributed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was going to be seriously outrageous and post some suggestions in the form of some Naturist Park web sites ... but .. nah! I've already exceeded my trouble quota for the day... for the month, even.

Given complete freedom of choice, I think I'd probably spring for Copenhagen, Denmark. Besides some extremely gorgeous potential models, the architecture and Monuments ... I remember the Statue of the Norse God who plowed the straights between Denmark and Sweden, and the Seafarer's monument just "down the quay" from the Little Mermaid... were both unique and *outstanding"*... and the National "Kunstmuseum"... and the "twisted" Church steeples....

This is NOT to demean so many other places in Scandinavia and Europe... All were great ... I just felt that I could have ... and should have... photographed so much more while I was there.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm going to try something ... this is of the "Norse God Statue". There is a brook that runs down the nearby hillside. It has been directed *through* the statuary, to create the effect of water being displaced by the blade of the plow, drawn by the celestial oxen...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S_NGodsDK.JPG  
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah! So you're bullish on Copenhagen!
    Jeanette
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin