Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,809   Online: 889

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Man, I wish I could go. But I just started a new job today and I just got back from 2 weeks in the Eastern Sierras and Yosemite. I wonder if I can manage to get fired before the end of the month?

I'd love to photograph old pioneer farts.

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    lol, I had to double check to see if I had misspelled fort. Funny thing is, So. Utah has a strange accent. The old line small town dwellers elongate the a's. a typical phrase would be gash Darthy you have a gargous arnge farmal. Translation - gosh Dorthy you have a gorgous orange formal. It;s the phrase you use to get your mouth screwed up enough to sound like a local.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bump

Looks to be near or over 50 people going to this workshop. 42 confirmed to Per, and about 8 confirmed to me, with a few deciding. Around 30 apuggers in the group. Sort of a mini conf. in the making.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For those of you have not conatced Per with your information, here is the link to his workshop page with full details as to what he wants and his email address to send it to.

http://www.volquartz.com/pervolquartz/wrkshops.html

This is turning into be quite the gathering of apug members with nearly 60 +/- people in attendance.
    Non Digital Diva

Images
    Honestly I had hoped for a smaller crowd. I do not get along well in a crowd, I get clausterphobic. If I disappear don't get offended I went off to recharge my batteries and burn some film for a while.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No problem Mark, We are going to divide the crowd into smaller groups and we have maps to all the good places. We will then go in different directions so that there is not a mass crowd at any one place. When we do the disscussions, I am looking into either the grade school or a community center to hold us. that will be at the noon hour and during the evenings. Once the liquid starts to flow in the evenings, the more the merrier. Some fo the places, are the canyon itself, the North part of the canyon, Cedar Mountain, Navajo Lake, Bryce Canyon, Pipe Springs National Monument, Grafton, and a few of my favorite spots. So no matter what we will have smaller groups.

We are just a bit in awe of the numbers of people who are coming.
    Non Digital Diva

Aggie and Jason have arrived

This is Aggie's husband. Aggie and Jason have arrived at Zion Canyon this evening. The fall colors are reported to be gorgeous, with several of the canyon's waterfalls running as there is already quite a bit of early season snow at the upper elevations, particularly in the east section of the park. If you're getting ready to leave for the workshop, remember to pack some cold weather gear, as more snow is expected over the next few days.

I'll post more as the news gets back to me.

Dan
    Ash nagh durbatuluk,
    ash nagh gimbatul,
    ash nagh thrakatuluk,
    agh bursum-izi krimpatul

Inscription on this ring I found...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan, Thanks for the update we always enjoy updates from Aggie..
    Mike C

Rambles

Images
    Thanks-Enjoy your vacation dan.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I'm home! For those who missed this workshop, it was probably te best one that Per has ever had. He has decided to make it a yearly event. (going to Zion) I think what tipped his decision was taking him out to the ghost town, Grafton. Once people saw what I was trying for the first few days to interest them in, the Canyon was pushed into the background. Then again it could be that cute waitress at the Pioneer resturant that could have a bit to do with it also.

Those that camped out enjoyed overnight temperatures dipping down to 27 degrees. Sharon and i had connecting rooms in a nice warm motel, and set up darkroom facilities so those who wanted to could develope film. I managed to do 10 rolls (don't ask why I reverted to my mamiya) While Jason holds the record for processing 64 sheets of film.

For those who made it to photo expo, John Layton was there showing off his new 4x5 camera he introduced in New York. A sweet camera, and one If hubby knew I would like to have, would shaking his head again.

We did have one surprise attendee that wanted to learn large format. He was taken in hand by many each day to learn the intricacies of shooting LF. That is where my 4x5 ended up for the last few days. I must say if many of the women saw his picture, (I'm sure Sharon will post it) you will know the kind of fun you missed out on. He is not as wild as his reputation proclaims.

Speaking of women, Sharon and I were the only two who went. All of the men were extremely wonderful, and helpful. Who says photographers are not gentelmen!

one funny incident did happen. One evening we were sitting around a picnic table, waiting for many to return for dinner. While we were talking, I noticed that the clouds had parted just enough to slash bright color across the lower foothils as if a painter had used a narrow brush. It was so brilliant, we were all awe struck by the display. We got up and stood in the clearing watching as the color band widened and marched up the canyon walls. Per made the comment, " All these photographers, and not one has a camera!" Matt ran to his truck saying, " I can get that fast, I have a digital." Well being the diva of non digital, I could not let that challenge go. I said I could beat him to the shot. He had to rummage for his camera. I had mine alread attached on the tripod, lens cap off, a new roll loaded. We raced back to the clearing, Him fiddling with settings, me extending the legs of the tripod as we went. He had to do some shifting, and looking at his small screen while I took the spot meter readings and quickly had it set. I shot off the rool, and he got one shot. He turned to me, and I smiled broadly back at him. His only comment was, "Bitch!" which I know was meant in good humor. Just goes to show digital is not always the fastest medium!
    Non Digital Diva

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin