Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,108   Online: 1071

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: APUG Chapters

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

APUG Chapters

I've seen various Apuggers in thier regions plan get togethers, do them, had a few meets here, and I'm thinking.
    This has a framework very similar to the caving organization I was a member of for so many years, the National Speleological Society. They served as a focal point and resource center for cavers worldwide, while on a local level cavers organized themselves into "Grottoes" in which they set thier own meeting times, activities, rules, dues or lack thereof, and gathering places. Membership in the NSS was a prerequesite for voting membership and thier common bond, but other than that they ran thier own ship.
    I can envision APUG eventually having official local chapters with regular meets, leadership, activities, etc., and all owing allegience to APUG for bringing it all together. And APUG Conferences being hosted by local chapters every so many years, an example being NSS Conventions every four years being hosted in a different place every time.
    Keep this in mind as APUG grows, eventually it may be big enough for this to happen. Wouldn't it be fun?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gary, I think it is a great idea! May not happen in the day or so, but some day maybe there Will be a CA, NY, TX Chapter or even as varied as Denver, SF, etc. Would be a great way to mentor as well as get some of the college programs envolved in analog photography.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    I've seen various Apuggers in thier regions plan get togethers, do them, had a few meets here, and I'm thinking.
    This has a framework very similar to the caving organization I was a member of for so many years, the National Speleological Society. They served as a focal point and resource center for cavers worldwide, while on a local level cavers organized themselves into "Grottoes" in which they set thier own meeting times, activities, rules, dues or lack thereof, and gathering places. Membership in the NSS was a prerequesite for voting membership and thier common bond, but other than that they ran thier own ship.
    I can envision APUG eventually having official local chapters with regular meets, leadership, activities, etc., and all owing allegience to APUG for bringing it all together. And APUG Conferences being hosted by local chapters every so many years, an example being NSS Conventions every four years being hosted in a different place every time.
    Keep this in mind as APUG grows, eventually it may be big enough for this to happen. Wouldn't it be fun?
    Chapters sounds a bit like Hell's Angels or so

Then we must have leather photo vests with APUG on the back

I wonder what will happen when APUG gets into war-like conditions with The Digitals!

Morten

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    Chapters sounds a bit like Hell's Angels or so

Then we must have leather photo vests with APUG on the back

I wonder what will happen when APUG gets into war-like conditions with The Digitals!

Morten
    Oooo, I like the sound of the leather vests!
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmmm....maybe chapters isn't quite the word....how about Frames?? So, there's the UK Frame, the New Zealand Frame, etc.....

Jeanette
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Hmmmm....maybe chapters isn't quite the word....how about Frames?? So, there's the UK Frame, the New Zealand Frame, etc.....

Jeanette
    I prefer "Bodies" - as in camera bodies or a body/group of people.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

ATTN: Sean

Along the lines of the subject of local chapters (bodies, or whatever), what IS the breakdown of APUG (# of members, geography, etc)?
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This is a very cool concept. I think I might create a APUG Chapters Forum. Each chapter can then be a subforum within the main chapter's forum. Everyone can keep in touch via their chapter's subforum. How's that sound?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    This is a very cool concept. I think I might create a APUG Chapters Forum. Each chapter can then be a subforum within the main chapter's forum. Everyone can keep in touch via their chapter's subforum. How's that sound?
    IMO - having outings and other get-togethers is a great idea. The more we do for traditional photography, the better!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Images
    YEAH!!! NORTHEAST U.S. CHAPTER RULES!!!

(Just exhibiting a little local chapter pride )
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin