Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,468   Online: 1081

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a note that the prints I recv'd from anikin and paul_c5x4 were gorgeous
    and well printed. I've asked for Joe O'Brien's mail without response, but his post
    suggested he wouldn't be able to print til 'late august' anyway - looking forward to
    that exchange as well. For my part, this has been great, an opportunity to make and
    share some homemade prints, thanks everyone for the participation, I'm in for the next!
    -Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello to everyone in my group! The prints I have received have been absolutely incredible Paul_c5x4 and anikin. dasBlute, I'm very sorry I missed you message asking for my mailing address, I've just PM'd it to you. Hopefully My prints will be out in the mail soon, Things were a bit more crazy when I returned to college then I had expected. Renovations that should have been done to the art building are still underway so my professor was a bit behind schedule getting in our order for toners and some other chemicals. Hopefully they should arrive soon. Again, I am extremely sorry for the delay in getting my prints out to you guys.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Laurent,
    Glad it arrived safely.

Thanks also to Rüdiger, I love that print and how the 'color' of the print closely matches the rattan.

Thanks
    TJ

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Hello all,

as for the postcard exchange, I have to apologize for being late in sending my prints, and for my lazyness on commenting the prints I received...

In the past weeks, I received :

A very nice close up of chairs by Rüdiger. The composition is very nice, and so is the print.

Marius Hauge's skyscape. Very dark print, which put all the interest on the sun (moon ?) and the clouds around it, and makes me try to guess what the landscpae looks like... Well done !

TJ's three prints.
    The two butterflies on a wall paper show very nice textures.
    The portrait of Justin at 2 is absolutely lovely. The eye contact is very strong, and the print very well done.
    The third one os a view of a beach and rocks, with very transparent water. Lots of details and textures, which I like a lot !

Thanks to you three.

I think I have decided what negatives I'll print, and hope I'll be able to print them this week.

Cheers !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recieved a very nice print from Matt King. Nice tone, wonderfully sharp. Good perspective correction, so that the supporting piles do not converge to the sky. Quite the spot to fish from.

My son was asking about what the pilings were for. We live inland where there are no tides, so I explained how the deck floated guided by the piles. Looks like the dock is built to accomodate quite a tide and storm surge.

The overmat was very nice. I would recommend you fiddle with the blade depth on your angle cutter, or amount of overcut needed if you are angle cutting freehand thought.
    The effect could be from either. The overcut corners tended to pull my eye a bit too much. Mat cutting is a bit of a skill that takes time to build, and you mentioned that cutting your own mats is new to you.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Mike.

No perspective correction used - in this case I was able to ensure that the verticals didn't converge by merely using the bubble levels on my tripod. It helps that the ramp out to the float made it possible to set up at near half-height of the pilings.

The dock is at an end of what used to be one of two main channels of the Fraser River, but is now just a fairly long arm of the river that no longer connects to the other main channel at that end. It does raise and lower with ocean tides, but not nearly as much as the pilings would indicate.

The main use of the dock is as a launching place for multi-person rowing skulls. A number of competitive rowers use this waterway as a practice facility. I've wondered if the high pilings are there because the bottom is soft, and because it may be necessary to "adjust" their height over time.

And yes, I'm new to this mat cutting business, so my corners are inconsistent at present - I'm learning as I go though, so hopefully anyone else getting matted prints from me in the future will see little or no overcut.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My prints are now in the hands of the post office...
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm starting to feel a bit concerned... did any of my prints reach it's destination ?
    Laurent

My APUG Blog

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Laurent,

sorry, I thought that I had sent a notification, but now I am no longer sure I really did.

Yes, your prints arrived and I like them!

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the confirmation, Ruediger !
    Laurent

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Today I received a lovely print from Craig. Great presentation, great image and very nice print, I like it a lot !
    Laurent

My APUG Blog

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin