Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,107   Online: 859

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CuS

Shooter
    35mm

Pinhole Lego Film Transport Assembly

I've been messing with my junction box pinhole for about a year now and was unhappy with the clunky film transport I had originally designed for it.

I took the first version and rebuilt it using Lego technics pieces - works oodles better and film movement is so much smoother.

Here's a couple of shots - both loaded and unloaded and one of the complete pinhole camera

If anyone needs the parts list, let me know:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1013.jpg   IMG_1008.jpg   IMG_1020.jpg  
    Last edited by CuS; 02-02-2012 at 11:36 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: misspelled title

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    in... credible!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=CuS;1296224I took the first version and rebuilt it using Lego technics pieces - works oodles better and film movement is so much smoother.
    [/QUOTE]

You really can't make this stuff up.

CuS

Shooter
    35mm
    I was also shocked how well it worked - the box as well was pretty easy - just one of those weather sealable junction boxes - I replaced the screws with studs that would work with wing nuts - the orange cylinder on the top is a magnet for stowing the wing nuts - also up top is a bi-directional bubble level.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This is amazing

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lol.jpg  
    "Gotta little problem with personal space, and I've been pounding the Jager. My breath and behavior have been driving the patrons away" -"Whipped Cream" by Ludo

My photography blog: http://silver-light0.blogspot.com/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    You can download a free software to design your camera with existing lego parts. When the design is over , you can buy whatever and how many parts ever used in your design. This is fully automatic order system within their website.

Only pinhole camera I can invest time is the pinhole anamorphic camera. Your second camera could be that. I liked the box very much and the pinhole with a shutter and release cord.

May be you could glue every part to protect it from impacts.

I reallly loved this lego camera. Congrulations.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Where would one get this free software? On the lego site?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CuS View Post
    I've been messing with my junction box pinhole for about a year now and was unhappy with the clunky film transport I had originally designed for it.

I took the first version and rebuilt it using Lego technics pieces - works oodles better and film movement is so much smoother.
    Genius! Legos FTW!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    FM2N ,

Yes , at Lego website.

Good luck ,

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very impressive! such a simple and thought out application of lego parts and 120 film spools. I also dig the electrical junction box. I might have to make one soon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin