Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,064   Online: 822

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Based on only moderate light fall-off near the ends, I'd say your pinhole to film spacing is probably OK. Several of the images appear to show camera motion during exposure; a solid way to anchor it would be good. I actually have a tripod socket (a 1/4-20 threaded "T-nut") in my most recent one. As others have said, there appears to be some light leaks too.

I didn't dig through that other site enough to learn what film format the guy was using. Generally from what I have seen, the larger the film format, the sharper the image. But sharpness can also be very much affected by the quality of the pinhole, as well as the size. A perfectly round hole with a knife edge in very thin material produces the best result.

You certainly got some recognizable results, it was a good attempt.

DaveT

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Thanks..I don't want that curved ones. I want something like this: http://www.pinhole.cz/cz/pinholecameras/l_053.html
    This photo is sharp and and has from white to black scale..

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Thanks very much

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    Based on only moderate light fall-off near the ends, I'd say your pinhole to film spacing is probably OK. Several of the images appear to show camera motion during exposure; a solid way to anchor it would be good. I actually have a tripod socket (a 1/4-20 threaded "T-nut") in my most recent one. As others have said, there appears to be some light leaks too.

I didn't dig through that other site enough to learn what film format the guy was using. Generally from what I have seen, the larger the film format, the sharper the image. But sharpness can also be very much affected by the quality of the pinhole, as well as the size. A perfectly round hole with a knife edge in very thin material produces the best result.

DaveT
    not so sure about the film size, 35 has always worked fine for me.
    but you're right about the rest, pinhole quality is probably most important.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    yes i did it by myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    what did you make it in and with?

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post

DaveT
    Thank you so much. It's useful for me. I'm beginner

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How big did Pinhole Designer tell you to make the hole? How did you make it? You can get a good idea of how big, and how round, the hole is by using a scanner.

Don't ban me for saying sc*nner.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    This looks to me like camera movement.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just realized -- the examples you linked to are taken by the creator of Pinhole Designer, he has a head start on some of the rest of us!

You can survey a few of my pinhole efforts on my PBase gallery site. The film images I took for WPPD 2011 (with a completely homemade 4x5) suggest it's my best homemade pinhole yet. My attempts with paper negatives indicate a little more tweaking, especially an adjustment of the pre-flashing, might be useful.

So far, a body cap adapter for my Bronica, getting 6x6 cm format exposures, is the smallest format I've tried, so I don't have much feel for what 35 mm might do. I second the recommendation for Acros, as there are enough complications without adding large reciprocity failures.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin