Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,315   Online: 953

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My best results are all 6x9cm, using a Zero Image camera which has a pinhole somewhat smaller than the recommended values calculated by pinhole designer. That makes the images a bit sharper, and the reduced enlargement from the film to the viewing size also helps it to appear sharper. Although, sharpness is not what pinholery is about. http://www.flickr.com/photos/9295972...7605483356905/

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by edp View Post
    How big did Pinhole Designer tell you to make the hole? How did you make it? You can get a good idea of how big, and how round, the hole is by using a scanner.

Don't ban me for saying sc*nner.
    At first, I make a hole by needle to the piece of thin alluminium. I measure it by scanner. It was 0.25mm .Pinhole designer said to me, that distance between hole and film should be 31,478mm.
    The whole Pinhole was made from cardboard and from black tape.
    http://monet.rajce.idnes.cz/Pinhole#DSC00567.jpg

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice camera.

I would try to make another hole, this time a bit smaller, say 0.18 or 0.20mm. I've had some success using small pieces of beer can, and using the method where you first press a small dent into the metal, then sand it away from the other side using very fine sandpaper or a knife sharpening stone. It's easier to control the final size that way than it is by simply pushing the needle through the foil.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    My best results are all 6x9cm, using a Zero Image camera which has a pinhole somewhat smaller than the recommended values calculated by pinhole designer. That makes the images a bit sharper, and the reduced enlargement from the film to the viewing size also helps it to appear sharper. Although, sharpness is not what pinholery is about. http://www.flickr.com/photos/9295972...7605483356905/
    Try this for size - http://www.make-a-print.com/section462733.html

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Nice camera.

I would try to make another hole, this time a bit smaller, say 0.18 or 0.20mm. I've had some success using small pieces of beer can, and using the method where you first press a small dent into the metal, then sand it away from the other side using very fine sandpaper or a knife sharpening stone. It's easier to control the final size that way than it is by simply pushing the needle through the foil.
    Ok, i'll try it.. Should I try 120mm film?

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try a smaller hole on your existing film, then, if you find it is better, try the same pinhole on 6x9cm 120 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You didn't describe exactly how you made the pinhole, the actual mechanics may affect the quality. The method described here has produced the best results for me. I have used #600 grit wet-or-dry sandpaper wet, with gentle pressure and circular motion to do the sanding. My last one was blackened with a liquid used in making brass model railroad parts (some sort of sulfide chemical).

DaveT

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Selenium toner can blacken brass, too.

Edit: just like it says in that link there.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    You didn't describe exactly how you made the pinhole, the actual mechanics may affect the quality. The method described here has produced the best results for me. I have used #600 grit wet-or-dry sandpaper wet, with gentle pressure and circular motion to do the sanding. My last one was blackened with a liquid used in making brass model railroad parts (some sort of sulfide chemical).

DaveT
    Ok, I cut out a square from can..than i grinded it and make a hole on my first attempt.
    Thanks for link, I will try it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I made mine by hand as well. sanding the aluminium before and after making the hole.
    I think you should try to get it sorted on 35mm for a start there's no reason why you couldn't get sharp or at least sharper images on it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin